Sunday?

witzend

husband bought me 4 giant hanging baskets of flowers today! :) I love them because they attract hummingbirds, and I love hummers. It's what I always wanted for mother's day! Plus he bought me potting soil and geraniums, so I get to dig in the dirt today.

So, tomorrow when I sit with my kids and husband at the breakfast table I won't worry about how uncomfortable we all are. I'll think of my husband and my flowers, and how glad I am that I'm a mother to children who don't live with me anymore so that I can have these things that I enjoy and not worry that someone will knock it over, throw it in a fit, yada, yada, yada. I'm pretty lucky, too.

susiestar

Roll With It
Amen, Star. You said things so beautifully. and they are all the truth.

husband and the kids went shopping over a week ago for Mother's Day gifts. He gets a kick out of it - partly because he was 32 when we met and always wanted kids, but had 2 engagements end badly. He was strongly encouraged to be a priest, but felt a strong pull to have children, so he didn't. Mother's Day means a lot to HIM. And so it does to the kids.

I bought my mom a book (by the lady who did the Delaney sister's story) about an 85 yr old Native American elder and her wisdom. Gma took the kids to a movie today, after keeping htem last night, so I gave her the book today. she was thrilled.

Tomorrow she is going out to eat with my bro. I honestly feel my gift is NOT having to go with him. We do give gifts to each other for Mother's Day and Father's Day. So I am sure I will see him. but it will be brief.

I have no clue what difficult child will do. I think he should give his gifts to my mother, not me. I really do NOT act like a mom to him much. He is gone. his choice not to live with us. It hurts, but I will try to take a break from that hurt tomorrow.

I wish ALL the Mothers here a peaceful, happy day. And children that show their love EVERY day.

DammitJanet

I do think they grow up in time. Maybe not as sson as we would like them to, but eventually they do grow up and come to see what parents really are. I tend to think the fact that there are babies around now that they have to take care of has made an impact on them.

Maybe in some way I am pretty lucky because I do get warm fuzzies from the boys all year and not just on holidays. Of course, I also cant manage to get two of them out of my house! Maybe Im too nice to them. LOL. Even with all Corys faults, I know he cares. Its his one redeeming trait.

janebrain

I have to work for a few hours today (law library) but then I am going to barbecue chicken on the grill (I love to barbecue) while I drink a few beers. Our weather is sunny and supposed to be 70 degrees--perfect!

difficult child 1 called me Friday night to tell me I will be getting a Mother's Day present late (sometime next week). She didn't want me to think she had forgotten. I remember a few years ago that she totally ignored the whole day. She was home and said not one word about Mother's Day and she knew what day it was--I was really hurt.

difficult child 2 said she wants to spend time with me today so I guess she'll hang out while I barbecue.

My easy child son may or may not remember but it is never personal with him so I don't feel hurt if he doesn't remember.

I picked out a gift for myself at Bed, Bath & Beyond a couple of weeks ago--husband was with me and I told him I wanted it for Mother's Day so he bought it.

I think all in all it will be a nice day. I hope for the best for all of you wonderful moms, I will be thinking of you and I'll drink a beer in your honor!

Love,
Jane