Superbowl commercials

mstang67chic

Going Green
While I thought the quantity of good commercials was down this year, I did have my favorites.

The VW slug bug commercial was ok but I LOVED the part with Stevie Wonder in it. LOL Reminded me of an old SNL skit with him in it. It was a spoof of the old Canon or Nikon commercials and he was taking pictures and playing tennis.

The Doritos commercial where the dog put the zapper collar on the guy was good.

I liked the one about Groundhog Day too.

What were your favorites?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I only saw a bit of halftime - enough to be shocked at the Who - and the end of the 3rd quarter to the end.

Enough to be happy the Saints won.

BUT, I did groan a lot at the Vizio commercial. And the one right after - I don't know what it was for!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I was waiting to see the commercial that was causing all the controversy with the Pro-Choice people...and then when I saw it, it was such a yawn.

Does anyone know whether the ad that was shown was the one originally planned? It was so quiet and easy to miss, I just can't imagine that anyone was up in arms about it. It makes me think that perhaps this was a more subdued version created after all the protests.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I actually DID like the Budweiser commercial with the horse and cow.

Then again, any Bud commercials with those horses... Thank HEAVEN they got rid of the frogs and lizards!

DammitJanet

Loved, loved loved the Budweiser Horse commercial. Adorable as always.

Hated Monster.com. I may be the only one on the planet who thinks they put the innuendo in there about searching for beaver online but I think it was there.

I thought the Kia one was cute but I had the same thought you did...lol.

Oh...and I loved the one that is for Etrade or whatever that has the Babies in it...that little milkaholic Lindsey! LMAO.

We had a local one here that came on right after the Super Bowl that was absolutely adorable.

The old commercial has these two little fish like in Finding Nemo and the little one is looking up a word in the dictionary when the bigger one comes up and says...what are you looking for? Little fishy says "Im looking for 'moreforless'".
Big fishy says "why are you looking up More for less?"
Little fishy says "well HTC says we can get Moreforless if we bundle our services but I dont know what it means so Im looking it up!"
Big fishy say "It isnt moreforless, its MORE FOR LESS!"
Little fishy says "I know how to say it, I dont know what it means!"

LOL.

The knew one is the same two little fishes but now the bigger one is staring at a computer screen. Little one comes up and asks bigger one what he is doing. Bigger one tells little one that he is going on the Net. Little one says in a scared voice. NO NO NO. Dont go near a NET! Big fish say, No not a Net, THE INTERNET!

Little fish asks what he is going to do on the internet. Big fish says he heard he could buy another fish. Cool says little fish.

They get another fish sent to them. A girl fish!

She gets there and they ask her where she is from. She says Ebay. Little fish asks her if that is anywhere near Chesapeake Bay...lol.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I never heard about that....can you pm me with the details so we don't wander into forbidden territory?

I don't think a pm is necessary to give you the "gist" of the problem.

Basically, the commercial was supposed to feature Heisman Torphy winner Tim Tebow and his Mom. The story is that Mom was advised to have an abortion after suffering some pretty serious complications during pregnancy. If she had followed doctor's orders, Tim would not be here today.

The Tebow family heads an Evangelical Christian organization of some kind...and their story has been picked up by the Pro-Life people...I guess they have become honorary "spokespeople" for the cause.

Apparantly, when word got out that the Tebows would be appearing in a SuperBowl ad, the Pro-Choice folks were very upset and advised pro-Choice supporters to write CBS and boycott the game.

Frankly, I didn't see anything in the commercial that was offensive either way. If anything, the commercial was so vague it was hard to know what it was even about...

Made me wonder whether it had been modified after all the hub-bub.

--DaisyFace

LittleDudesMom

My faves....

The Doritos commerical with the little boy who says "One, don't touch my momma, Two, don't touch my Doritos!"

The Dove Men's Line Commerical "Now that you are comfortable in your skin...."

The Chevy commerical featuring the voice over by Dexter.

The eTrade baby commercial featuring that milkaholic Lindsey!

And I agree that the Tebow commerical was nothing....

Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Honestly the etrade commercial was the one that I couldn't figure out. The baby and milk gave it away. husband and I both thought it was ... err ... too vague and kinda silly.

BUT, that's why we all have opinions! LOL

skeeter

now, see - I liked the beavers, but only because we play the song (Soldier's Joy) and it cracked me up seeing the beaver busking with his case open (which we do).

DammitJanet

The beavers would have been funny...if it hadnt been for a job search site. All I could think of was people shopping for females in a rather derogatory term.

Like I said...maybe Im the only one who took it that way. Maybe my mind is just in the gutter and thought about it that way.

JJJ

I don't think they toned the commercial down. I think they got the controversy to draw attention to it.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I didn't even make the connection myself with the Tebow commercial. I was with a room full of people, some who were raised Catholic and I don't think ANY of us made the connection. Honestly, the general concensus was (and some people said it out loud) was "Lame". I don't think anyone really knew what the point was.