support, thoughts and prayers

crazymama30

psychiatrist appointment at 3:45pm. He has a choice, go to psychiatrist appointment or I file restraining order. I told him about that last night, and he seemed to want to go.

Normally getting him to psychiatrist is not a problem, but when he is like this it gets hard. Hugs

crazymama30

He went to psychiatrist appointment. Started him on Invega. Not real familiar with that, and he sees psychiatrist again on Tuesday. I am going to write up a contract of what needs to happen in order for us to work on our relationship and have him sign it. May see if I can present it to him infront of psychiatrist, don't know if that would be innappropriate or not.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Invega is sort of a long acting form of Risperdal.

I hope, hope, hope it works for the current problems he's causing.

Why not ask the psychiatrist what he thinks about presenting the "contract" with him as witness?

crazymama30

he did not sleep last night, had some major but extremely ridiculous anxieties. However, his eyes do not have that manic look, and he is more rational and a tad less irritable. I think it is working. He took the dog and they went out for a drive in the desert. I am thinking that he has lots of thinking to do, so it may be good for him. the desert has alwas been a calming place for him.

I will maybe do that, ask psychiatrist if that is a good idea to bring in the contract (I don't know what else to call it) and go over it with him present. I don't know. We will see. For today, things are better. Now lets just hope that trend continues.

crazymama30

He went to psychiatrist appointment yesterday, however I do have the ro paperwork in my car and have learned some important info about them. psychiatrist put him on invega, and he seems calmer and his eyes look better, that manicky look is gone. He did not sleep last night, I said something in jest and he took it seriously and worried about it all night and then woke me up at 4am to talk about it. He left this morning to take his dog out to the woods, and to probably think. I think he needs to do that. After his psychiatrist appointment yesterday he said that psychiatrist told him I was at the end of my rope. I said I was. He asked why I was telling everything (about events, don't want to go into details) to everyone. I said because he needs help and I don't know how else to try to get him help.

I ran into one of his buddies yesterday and we were talking about him and how he has spending so much time away from home. Apparently R and L (his 2 close friends) have been bugging him about how much time he spends away from home, they are not happy about it either but when they come here husband does stuff to get them to stay and if he goes to their place they have a hell of a time getting him to leave.

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot. He has an appointment with psychiatrist again on tuesday.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry I didn't see this earlier. You have my thoughts, prayers and support. It is so sad when an illness robs us of someone we love. Do whatever you have to so that you and the kids are safe. It really is okay to step back from the relationship if you just cannot handle it anymore. Regardless of the effects of his disease, he still has the ultimate responsibility for his actions.

I know you probably HAVE told him what you need from him. He just is unable to truly hear it. It is something that frustrates me to no end in my own life, so I know it is probably stomping all over your last nerve.

Taking the contract to the psychiatrists office is a great idea, in my opinion. The psychiatrist can tell him how blessed he is that you are still there for him. He needs to hear that from other people, esp people he respects.

Take care of yourself first and the kids next. Whatever you choose to do you have my total support.

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}