Supposed to be admitted at 8am Thursday

A

AmericanGirl

After much delaying followed by me detaching (and detaching his cell phone from service again), difficult child finally agreed to go tomorrow (Thursday).

He does not yet know they want him there at 8am which means we leave at 6am. Doesn't want to take anything from his dorm room. He has few clothes here which makes no sense - but hey - I figure in treatment and wearing the same clothes over and over beats being other of treatment anyday.

Case worker says it is 50/50 as to whether he will actually go. Sigh.....

S

Signorina

been there done that-not with treatment but with difficult child switching back and forth between receptive/cooperative and stubborn refusal.

Ime-mornings were better than evenings, I really hope that's true for you tomorrow. Xing fingers and toes

Do you have your flute at ready?

Lol

Please update us Thursday!

Have I mentioned that I think you are a saint? A very patient saint! I hope the board juju holds for your son!!

AG: I am crossing my fingers & saying a prayer that your difficult child will cooperate and go tomorrow morning. Can he take anything else with him besides his clothes? Will he need quarters to use a pay phone? Can he bring an iPod with him? I'm asking this because my difficult child could take these things to rehab with him. It really helped my difficult child to have his favorite music to listen to in rehab. If you can try to put everything your difficult child will take to rehab in the car tonight, so this won't be a problem for your son early in the morning.
Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you in the morning.

Kathy813

Staff member
AG, I will be thinking of you in the morning. I hope he agrees to go. Have you thought about what you will do if he refuses to go?

~Kathy

A

AmericanGirl

Thanks everyone!

They said CDs but no Ipods. He'll need a calling card as it is long distance. However, I may 'forget' that and call the nurse in a day or two to give them number/code. I prefer setting up an 800 number so he can ONLY call ME.

Planning on stopping at WalMart halfway there tomorrow as he will likely think of something else. I may need to buy him clothing as, so far, I have only found one pair of pants here.

He finally answered my texts. Wanted to go tonight. HUH?!? They don't admit at night.

Then wanted to go over now, spend night and "have fun." HUH?!? I have a full load in the washer.

Then he said he didn't want to talk anymore. Finally got him to agree to call soon so I could go get him.

Why do I feel like a punching bag? I know if I can get him there tomorrow, that my suppressed anger will need to be dealt with.

Keep those positive thoughts a'coming please......

Nancy

Where did he want to go to have fun? Your house or rehab? I hope you can get him there safely. He does seem to be chnaging his moods rather quickly. Sending good thoughts to you AG, it will be a rough day.

Nancy

T

toughlovin

AG definitely thinking of you tonight and tomorrow morning... i hope he goes without a fuss... and that then you can come home and really relax and really get a good nights sleep! Them being in rehab is really good for that!!!

TL

A

AmericanGirl

He finally agreed to come home. Much of his clothing, etc. seems to have disappeared so went by Walmart for basics.

But he is being nice and I'm grateful. Left all his stuff on the kitchen table so he can pack himself.

I think I'm getting strep throat. Told him I needed to get dinner and go to bed.

I hope he stays up late so he will sleep in route tomorrow.

Thanks all!

exhausted

Sounding hopeful AG. I am praying for a good morning and that you can go strait to the Dr. and get a strep test after difficult child is admitted.. (And then home to bed!) ((Hugs))

DDD

I can't even describe how many thoughts, hugs and prayers I'm sending your way. Those memories are flowing thru my heart and many of us are "feeling" your mixed emotions. If he goes easily and checks in (I hope) find a safe spot away from the facility to sit and cry. It's not safe to "let it go" on the Interstate in traffic. Chances are you'll need some time to yourself before heading home. Hugs DDD