Surgeion appointment - update

goldenguru

Hi ladies and thanks for your genuine concern.

Saw the breast surgeon on Monday. The good news is that he was NOT leaning toward lymphoma after a complete exam/family history, etc.

Not so good news is that he found a 'nodule' on my left breast (same side as the lymph nodes) that he didn't like. Yesterday I had an ultrasound, followed by a needle biopsy.

So - between the swollen nodes and the lump in the breast - it looks rather obvious to me. Of course, they won't tell me anything until the biopsy comes in - should be by Friday.

Somehow in my own head, breast cancer sounds less terrifying than lymphoma. However, at 46, it is all terrifying.

My emotions are very up and down. Sobbing one minute - able to function the next.

So - it is a matter of trying to stay sane the next few days. I think once I know what I'm dealing with, I should be a little better emotionally.

I'll update as I know more. And thanks so much for the support!

Lothlorien

Thanks for the update. We were getting anxious to hear what happened.

Take a deep breath. It could be benign. A lump doesn't always mean cancer.

We are here for you....so vent away, if you need to.

M

ML

We are here for you in any way you need us. I'm still holding onto the hope that it is benign. At the very least that you caught it early. I agree, the bc feels like the lesser of two evils. Thinking of you and saying lots of prayers. Love, ML

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending good thoughts. The hope is that whatever it is that it is easily rectified.

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's GREAT that it's not lymphoma!!!! As for the other possibility...it's just that. A possibility. And even if it IS breast cancer....I'm sure the treatment isn't pleasant but it's treatable and CURABLE!!! This will work out and we'll be with you one way or another every step of the way no matter what it is.

Also....um, well....please keep in mind that I try to find the humor in everything I can. And....you MAY not know this about me but I don't have what you would call a normal sense of humor. (I know...a shocker, right? :tongue: )

IF it is bc and depending on the course of treatment you and your doctor decide on....there is the possibility of a good thing here. You said you're 46 years old, correct? Well.....depending on how things pan out....you could wind up with the boobs of a TWENTY six year old. Get healthy AND get new boobs. Bonus!

Seriously though....you've got the right attitude right now. See what the tests and biopsy say and plan from there. We're here whenever you need us. Vent away...we'll listen, hold your hand, hug, make you laugh (hopefully)....whatever you need.

HUGS

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well I'm relieved they don't believe it is lymphoma... I hope you get good news on Friday. I will continue to hold you up in my prayers...

TerryJ2

Aw, I'm so sorry.

{{hugs}}
been there done that, except no one suggested I have lymphoma. But your note brings back lots of memories ... needle biopsy, ultrasound, all that.
The waiting is the hard part. It's all anxiety producing, but there's something about a diagnosis that allows one to set their jaw and move forward.

Thank you for letting us know.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
GG, you have not been far from my thoughts. Many prayers and hugs for good news.

Suz

Marguerite

IF it is bc and depending on the course of treatment you and your doctor decide on....there is the possibility of a good thing here. You said you're 46 years old, correct? Well.....depending on how things pan out....you could wind up with the boobs of a TWENTY six year old. Get healthy AND get new boobs. Bonus!

Also a flat stomach without having to exercise or diet for it...

Seriously, two of my friends who have recently had post-cancer reconstruction, did it by donating their tummy fat and were both delighted with the results.

As for having the boobs of a 26 year old - enjoy them while you can, before the girl asks for them back.

You'll be fine. Just keep your sense of humour, keep on smiling at least on the outside and some of it will leak through to the inside and help you cope with the fear. You are always stronger than you think.

Marg

nvts

Let us know if you need ANYTHING! The kids are still adding you to their bedtime prayers!

Beth

graceupongrace

gg,

Waiting is so tough. I went through that with a surgical biopsy before I was 40, then again later with ultrasound & multiple mammos. All turned out negative, but it seemed like a very long haul to get there. :anxious: Wish they could just tell you and move on!

Do something nice for yourself this week as a distraction -- a good movie, an hour in the local coffeehouse with a good book, whatever seems pleasant to you. :D And keep us posted.

(((hugs)))

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I just saw this post, sorry I missed this situation. I am so glad it is not Lymphoma. Prayers going up that it is not BC. But if it is, I know you will push forward and do well.

I am in the "waiting game" right now as well. Had the Mammo, will have the Sono next Monday. After my initial panic, I am now prepared for whatever this is. I am scared, sad, and many other emotions but mostly I am determined to get past this and on to better things.

Many hugs and prayers,
Vickie