surgery again tomorrow and an update

everywoman

Sorry I have been absent a lot this summer.

PCdaughter moved out, but is moving back to town and going to live in an apartment we own about a block away. Her roommate had a domestic violence situation and she is seeing the boyfriend again, so easy child feels she would be safer away from all of that. She has also signed up to take a dance class at her old studio. She hasn't danced in two years since her knee surgery. She is registered for two classes at the community college and is working full time for a large "teen" clothing store.
PCson is still seperated. He has accepted a job in his ex's hometown so that baby won't have to travel so far for visitation. The job offered him more money and the cost of living is cheaper than the beach, so he decided to take it. He is willing to accept that the marrigage is over if she doesn't come to her senses soon.
difficult child has applied to technical college. He is to take the placement test next week. He is working at a pizza place on weekends and picking up odd jobs during the week.
I have my 2nd knee surgery of the summer tomorrow. I have to have a torn meniscus repaired in the right knee and debrisment done. I had the same surgery on the left 2 months ago. I hope to be up and about by the 22nd when school starts.

Hope everyone is doing well.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping your surgery goes well....sounds like your family is making decisions to move forward in their lives....

TerryJ2

Good update!
Best of luck with-the surgery... I hope it goes at least as well as the first one. Sounds like you've got a good game plan to be up and about by the 22 b4 school starts.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like things are headed in a positive direction. Best of luck with your surgery and I hope you are ready to go when school starts!!

TerryJ2

How are you doing? You should be home now, icing and having people wait on you (I know, wishful thinking...) :smile:

everywoman

Yeah, wishful thinking. I am doing better than I did with the left knee in June---I think because the right was so bad that I didn't have any good knee then. The left has healed well and is strong from 8 weeks of PT. I have been up and about since surgery as much as possible. I went to Wal-mart today and rode the little cart around picking up things for pcdaughter's new apt.

She will be moving tomorrow and will be a block away in a small unit we own. She has her old job at the insurance agency back---they found out she was moving home and called and offered more money and hours. She has registered for a few classes and will also return to dance.

I'm off again to run some errands that have gone by the wayside.