surgery today... easy child's nose again

Woofens

Went to the plastic surgeon at 9:15 AM.. He decided to go ahead and do the surgery. She was (finally) taken to the operating room at 1:00PM. She was so hungry and grumpy. I felt terrible.

We were in recovery with her by 1:30, home by 3:30. She is bruised and swollen all over again, has bandages all over her face, and a plastic splint over her nose. The bandages and splint stay on until next Monday.

DR said we can send her back to school tomorrow. NO WAY! I am calling the pediatrician tomorrow and asking for a DR excuse until the splint comes off. She is refusing to go back, crying that people are going to make fun of her, and terrified someone is going to bump it. Sigh. If I can't get the DR excuse, I may just tell them that she is still on the Tylenol 3, I can't send her to school on that.

Just wanted to update

Hugs
Janis

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awwww, poor thing! At least the worst is over, right? She deserves a few days off school after all that.

I hope she's not in too much pain. Did they tell her to ice it at all?

KTMom91

No way I'd send her back to school tomorrow. Way To Go, Jan! Hope easy child is able to get some rest and isn't in too much pain.

Woofens

She took the Tylenol 3 at 2PM, 6 PM, 9 PM and midnight. She is hurting, probably worse than when she broke it. :(

She can't ice it through the splint. The hardest part for her, is trying to remember to keep her head elevated. She wants to keep looking down, to play her Nintendo DS. We finally convinced her to lay on her back with the DS above her head.... then of course she complained her arms were tired LOL. She got up at midnight to go to the bathroom, didn't quite make it, which of course upset her. We got her cleaned up and explained it was because of the medicine. That calmed her down a bit.

We are all so glad it is over!

I'm calling the principal in the morning about her being off school. We have decided to keep her home, by fair means or foul until after her appointment next Monday.

Thanks for all the support!

hugs,
Janis

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry she is hurting, but glad the surgeon got it fixed. I hope it is "as good as new". I would not send her to school while she had the splint on or was on the Tylenol 3. Either one seems like a recipe for success.

Sending gentle hugs to all of you, this is a tough thing to go through.

Woofens

Thanks all :) She is much better today, no pain medications yet so far. Spoke to her and the school, if she makes it through today with no Tylenol 3, she is going to go back to school tomorrow. She will have some time to make it between classes so she isn't in the halls during the rushed times. She isn't totally happy about it, but she didn't cry about it either. I didn't want to send her with the splint on, but I need her back in school. I was spotting slightly and cramping yesterday afternoon, and need the kids to be in school so I can stay off my feet as much as possible. It's a no- win situation. Moonwolf and Mo are here full time right now, their pipes froze and broke in their house :( So at least I have some help. Sigh.

Will post later today about difficult child J's latest.

Hugs to all
Janis