Surgery tomorrow morning (UPDATE )

Praying the surgery is going well and you have a quick recovery. Seems like there should be something they can give you pain medication wise other than just Motrin. Can you take Toradol?

Have husband or someone let us know how you are doing!

Hugs and good wishes,
Vickie

rejectedmom

Thank you everyone!!! Your prayers and good thoughts are working! :angel: The site of the compression was located correctly and the doctor said that a large hourglass shaped compression of the ulnar nerve was easily visualized. The surrounding bone was removed. He is confident that I will not loose any more function in my hand. Although the prognosis for a return of sensation is guarded, I do think I am feeling a slight increase in sensation.

Anestisia was light with Torodal used for the pain management DURING SURGERY. I did get a huge bruise on my lower lip from the breathing tube but it doesn't hurt, just looks ugly. I was teasing the anestheologist post-op and told him I thought maybe he had decided medications were too risky in my case and reverted to literally knocking me out with a left hook to my jaw. :rofl: I had a full team 2 surgeons, 2 anestheia doctors, 2 anestheia nurse, and 2 medication serg nurses in the OR with me. I guess they were being very cautious. They certainly did make me less anxious that is for sure!

The pain is very manageable. I am taking maxmum amount or Advil and a quarter dose of Darvocet with anti-nausea medication. I still have a little queasiness but nothing serious at this time. Once again thank you. I am a great believer in prayers and positive energy. You are all my angels. May God bless you ALL. :angel: :angel: :angel:-RM

F

flutterbee

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went so well. And that the pain is so manageable. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Good news.....hoping for a speedy (and less bruised) recovery!!</span>

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Lothlorien

<span style='font-family: Microsoft Sans Serif'>Wonderful news that the decompression went well!!!!! Still sending positive pain-free thoughts your way. :hypnosis: You sound wonderful. Very Happy for you. See if someone can pick up some real ginger chews or candy. They are so wonderful in controlling nausea. Even real ginger ale is great....not the stuff they sell in the grocery stores...the health food stores should carry real ginger soda and it's wonderful. I give it to Missy when she has a sour stomach and I drink it too, when I'm not feeling well. </span>

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sending you good ju-ju for a speedy painfree recovery!!! I am sure you are glad it is over, one less thing to worry about!!!!

rejectedmom

Heather. Karen, Whymemom, and Busywend
Thank you for the continued good thoughts.

My nurse called for the post-op follow up. She said that today woud be the hardest and to stay ahead of the pain with timely medication. I am doing well but am experiencing some swelling in my fingers. We have beefed up the elevation and are iceing on a constant basis. The sling is causing muscle spasms in my neck and sholders. I'm open for suggestions on that. The darn cryocuff has not arrived and I am a bit ticked. It would help with the comfort level as the ice bag is bulky and heavy.

Lothlorian,
I am drinking ginger ale but it is the grocery store variety.

Totoro, Yes I am very glad the worry of surgery and it's possible complications is behind me.

I'm off to bed. I need to escape some of the ickyness of the medications. -RM

RM,

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for the swelling or muscle spasms. I think that going to bed and trying to sleep is a good idea.

I'm just so glad it's over and you're doing well!!! I'm praying that your recovery goes smoothly and the pain decreases with each passing day... :angel:

Thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking about you today. WFEN :flower:

ScentofCedar

HA!

I liked Totoro's idea of sending good ju-ju, so I am sending some, too.

I think those (ju-ju) are meant to be used externally.

:rofl:

Very nice to hear the surgery went well and is over. I am such a chicken that I have been cowering in my mental corner since I heard you could not use pain medication.

When I go to the dentist?

And he gives me novacaine?

I always tell him I can still feel it.

Even if my mouth is so numb I am drooling, I always tell him I can still feel it!

You are very brave, RM.

It makes me shiver just to think about it.

Oy vey.

Barbara

rejectedmom

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm and just where am I supposed to apply the ju-ju Barb????????? :rofl: by the way this has nothing to do with bravery Barb. It is just the way it has to be. At least the good Lord has blessed me with a high pain tolerance.

Thanks again everyone. You are the best!

I had to stop the quarter dose of darvocet. It made me sick and dizzy and was not helping much with the pain at such a small dose anyway. I'm only using Advil and Tylenol and ice now. Doing ok but have a headache probably from the neck strain. husband promised me a neck massage. :doctor:
I'll be cashing in soon.
-rm

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sheesh, I was out of town on business Tues and Wed, then had such a long day yesterday and another night meeting last night that I feel like I've been away a week.

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well and that you are holding your own, RM. :bravo: Thank goodness for such beautiful weather!!!

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

Suz, HWGA, Dreamer, I'm doing good. My daughter and her husband came over last night and baked brownies for me and stayed to watch a movie. I have not taken any pain medications since bedtime last night. I'm doing good. Yesterday I read Mary Higgins Clarke's "TWO LITTLE GIRLS IN BLUE". It was pretty entertaining. There were a couple scenarios that just wouldn't ever happen in real world but nothing that could not be overlooked. -rm

dreamer

OK I wanna come over and do last nite over again. Brownies are my absolute fav and I like Mary Higgins CLark.
YAY to not needing pain medications!