Surgery tomorrow morning (UPDATE )

rejectedmom

I have to report to the hospital at 10:15 am. I am thinking O/R will be somwhere around 11am provided they stay on schedule. I should be back home by 4pm. I will not be able to type for a while so I will only be able to make minimum posts. Please say a prayer or think good thoughts for me. I do not handle ansthesia well and cannot take narcotic pain medications. I will be taking an antiboitic due to my heart condition. I am nervous but also resigned as the loss of function in my hand is getting worse. Rehab is about two to three months of PT which will begin in two weeks. I may never regain the feeling but this operation should halt any further motor loss. We are very optimistic I will get back 100% of motor function and strength. I ordered the Cro cuff that was suggested but it has not arrived here yet. :grrr: I hope it comes soon as I paid for expediated service. I am off to the book store to get some reading material. I will not be allowed to drive for a while and that is going to be hard on me. husband is taking a few days off but has to return to work on Monday. I will be stuck at home alone unable to do my art or crafts or work on the house. Hopefully I will be able to manage the pain enough to read.

Thank you in advance for your good thoughts and prayers. -RM

TerryJ2

Good luck! Glad you're getting some reading material. Try not to stress too much about the medications, anesthesia, etc.
:flower: :doctor: :thumb:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Good luck I will be thinking good thoughts and a fast succesfull recovery!!! Pain Free!!!!

rejectedmom

Terry,Beth & Totoro, Thank you all. i went to Borders books and got three novels. That should hold me for a while. The Cryo cuff didn't come so I guess I will be using the old fashioned ice packs.

The hospital called and they told me not to use deodorant. What is with that? I understand the no makeup, no hairspray, no jewlery and comfortable clothing but why do they want us smelly too???? -RM

rejectedmom

Thank you Nancy. It was very warm here today and I was hoping that it would stay that way so I could spend some of the next few days sitting in a rocker on my porch reading a good book. i just herd that it is going to get cooler tomorrow. I guess I will be inside on the sofa instead. -RM

DDD

OMG........I know I am a wimp BUT you are having surgery with NO
pain medication????????????/ Yikes!

I am going to say LOTS of prayers for you, my friend. Matter
of fact I'll probably wincingly think of you more than I want to!
Geez, Louise.

Sending hugs AND prayers. DDD

rejectedmom

DDD, I will have perscription strength Motrin. I just can't take any opinoids. Doctor says the Motrin won't cut it but I don't have alot of options. I appreciate the prayers.

Buzywend and Ester, Thank you for the well wishes. I am soaking up the positive vibes and know they will help me through this. -RM

Kathy813

Staff member
I'll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope you can post or your husband can post for you so we can get an update.

~Kathy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sending healing & positive thoughts for a quick recovery. I agree with Kathy - have your husband post us an update...please.

Sue C

Praying for you for a successful surgery and a quick recovery...also a minimal amount of pain. Hope you can enjoy some reading time.

Take care,
Sue

ScentofCedar

EEWWWHH, RM!

ONLY EXTRA STRENGTH MOTRIN???

Try to remember that pain comes in waves and that, after the worst of it, there will be a little numbness coming before it builds up again.

Maybe that will help, a little.

I am adding my own good energy to the many prayers already on their way.

I too hope husband will update us.

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers, RM.

:flower:

Barbara

Lothlorien

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. I had carpets cleaned and didn't get on computer after that, since the floor was wet there. I hope all goes well for you. I must have missed the post, so I'm not sure what surgery you are having done. Are you having disc surgery or having a release done like carpal tunnel? By the sounds of the recovery time, it sounds like disc surgery. If that's the case, I hope you don't have too much pain and it's manageable with the motrin. Good luck!!!