Surprise: husband is having a Christmas party here tonight!

At 4:30 this afternoon husband told me he invited his work friends here for a party tonight! Soon after that, the bell rings and here they all are. I hear husband volunteering my babysitting services to strangers. Ha-ha. I really cannot imagine what he's thinking. They're all screaming and drunk- it's 6pm.

In addition to that, I am so sick with a horrible cold, I'm about to crawl under my covers. I can't go to work like this. I always feel bad about calling out, but I do have the sick days to use plus who would want me to expose my germs to them? I went yesterday and today sick, but I can't do this again.

I have nothing to serve these people. husband said they only want drinks. This is insane and I'm too sick to even be annoyed at him. I guess I won't have a lot to clean up- only glasses.

Yes, I'll take some cheese with this whine.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aw hon, ignore the party as best you can and go tuck yourself into bed and get some rest.

What on earth was husband thinking?? omg

((hugs))

Tiapet

Old Hand
Oh my wow! I'm thinking he wasn't thinking or if he was he wasn't thinking with what he should have been! That was not very nice to do to you or actually to his "friends" and their children either exposing them to the germs. I really hope there are no repercussions later for his lack of fore thought into it all. Just remember it wasn't YOUR fault! I wish you could have just pulled those covers up and crawled into bed. I hope you DO exactly that when it's all over with and stay there and get some rest tomorrow too.

Make him bring you some tea or soup and cater to your needs to make up for this unthinking action. ;)

(hugs) I hope you get to feeling better soon!

DDD

OMG.........that's worse than my husband. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs coming your way! My husband has never done that..but...he invites out of town families to come "stay with us" and has NO idea that our home is not in condition for company and expects it miraculously to happen. Then, whine, he gripes about my spending. God can strike me dead if I have spent more than six grand in twelve years for flooring, window coverings, linens etc. UGH, husband's. Sending understanding hugs your way. Yikes, what to H did we get into when we said "I do" ??? husband

H

HaoZi

OMW... if any of my ex's had pulled this on me I'd be threatening him and his guests (to his face, not theirs) to get the shotgun and a shovel and he better get them gone from my house ASAP. No notice and you sick to boot and his volunteers you for this and babysitting duty? Somebody be sleeping on the couch with one eye open tonight...

Well, I can tell you I'm certainly not babysitting anyone! It's a good thing I wa too sick to care. I didn't go to work yesterday and today I am not going either. I really hate to miss it, the kids need me. I feel better, but can't talk without coughing and I'm constantly sneezing. I talk all day at work.

husband did this to me for Christmas also. My phone rang at work about a week ago. Nobody can ever call me unless it's an emergency- so of course husband calls me and I am teaching so I threw my pocketbook in the hallway- the ringing was disturbing (easier to put in hallway than to look for the phone). When I called him back, the big emergency was he invited relatives over for Christmas Eve dinner and different relatives over for Christmas dinner. I said that he can call someone back and change everything to 1 of the days. I'm not doing both days, why should I cook and clean and prepare for 2 days because he made a mistake? Yes it's an emergency he did that, oops, now he can fix it.

So far, he did not. When I ask him about our plans, he says he'll get back to me. I am planning on ordering a tray of veal parm from our fav italian resaurant, I'll make pasta, and an antipasta salad. I'll serve shrimp cocktail and the whole thing will be easy anyway. It will be fine whatever goes on around here. If worse comes to worse, we can order chinese food....everybody likes that!

Kathy813

Staff member
Honestly, I wouldn't lift a finger to entertain guests that he invited without consulting you. He can order the tray of veal parm, make the pasta, and antipasta as well as you can. He can also clean the house for your company.

I would be furious.

~Kathy

Calamity Jane

Just crawl in bed and do your best to ignore them. What the heck was he thinking?
I hope there are a bunch of designated drivers if husband is serving alcohol to work colleagues in your home. Otherwise, you're going to have to allow people to sleep it off at your house!

DDD

Ditto, Kathy. I'm a low key supportive family member BUT...OMG...when husband does his "come visit" routine with-o giving a thought to the work involved YIKES. Sorry the very very slender violent streak in me wants to erupt. Hope it went well for you. Hugs DDD

TerryJ2

OMG, that's awful! I'd hand him a box of microwave popcorn, point to the cupboard where the glasses are kept, and call it a night.
Feel better! I hope they don't keep you awake all night.