Survived Round 12 of this episode....

lonelyroad

This was by far the longest one....reasons, I think, we actually let her stay home from school for a week, making it that much harder for her to go back..
Next time, she will go in the building even for a few hours per day..

Abilify working or not? Who knows, they are moving it to 3mg..we will know around may 1st, becuase these episodes happen almost exactly every six weeks..

School work getting caught up, thankfully she is a smart kid, she had a lot of math and at one point said I am done...then an hour later she said I am going to look at it again and got it done..

The big difference is there doesn't seem to be any high moods now, just very level, but not happy....hmmm....

keista

Be happy that there is no high mood. That would be indicative of bipolar. I'm also not surprised that she's not fully happy. in my opinion just because she's out of a deep episode does not mean she's out of depression. She's still depressed, just much better able to function right now. I've waffled through such phases all my life. I'm sure it's not fun to witness it, but I can assure you it's not fun experiencing it either.

BusynMember

Mood stabilizers, and I think Abilify is classified as one as well as an anti-psychotic, often makes people feel "flat." It is one reason some people foolishly stop taking mood stabilizers. When I took Lithium, I felt just dull. I felt too lethargic to act out, but I also did not get those little bursts of happiness I would have either. I was just like my mood had flatlined. in my opinion could very well be the Abilify. I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing, but thought I'd throw that in.

C

Confused

lonelyroad,
I do not know about depression and medications, but I just wanted to lend my support. Medications are hard to find the right mix for any situation, and even then, it can be a struggle. Hugs

StressedM0mma

Be very happy the she isn't overly happy. As Keista mentioned, it could be a symptom of bipolar. She is not going to seem "happy" right away. It can take months for her to come to a new normal. My difficult child is doing very well right now, but we are still walking the path towards healthy. She is much happier, but we still have days where she would like nothing more than to lie in bed. The abilify will make her not have the ups and downs. Her emotions will be more gentle waves than spikes of ups and downs.

I hope she is doing better.