Survived Yesterday

happymomof2

The meeting with the probation officer went well. Attorney finally called me back told me to fill out all paperwork and shoot straight with the probation officer because he is actually in our corner.

While talking with the P officer I told him which attorney we were using and he had nothing but good things to say about him. I also ask the P officer how long he had been doing this and he said 13 years. So all that made me feel a little better.

Next will be the court date Thursday. Best case we get the diversion, guess worse case would be we go to trial. First offense and no one else harmed so I really don't think that is going to happen, but then again I have never dealt with any of this so who knows.

Hoping and praying my difficult child learns from this mistake.

Gotta go by his school today and pick up work, they are letting him stay out until after Christmas break. Found out yesterday that if he did go back to school now he would be in the BRT room because he has been charged with a felony and the teachers consider him a threat. Geez.... how scary is that. Glad I decided to keep him out and the school is working with me. He might last a couple of days in the BRT room but not 3 weeks.

Doubt we are going to get the hospital/homebound schooling for him. So our choices are now - Florida Virtual or back in school. He seems to think the Attend is working but how am I really going to know until a teacher gets in his face? He said he doesn't want to be home schooled so I told him we would put him back after the break but if he starts messing up again either it will be script medications or Virtual Schooling at home. I also told him if I pull him out for the Virtual he will finish 9th grade at home. I am not putting him in and pulling him out on a constant basis. School board would probably not allow that anyway.

His guidance counselor is going to help me pick his classes for Florida Virtual today. I already enrolled him last weekend. It takes 2 to 6 weeks to get that going so with not knowing what the future holds I want to go ahead and get that ball rolling.

Sorry for the ramble guess I just need to talk.

Thanks

nvts

Hi! Good plan, I really think it's great that although this is a first time experience for you, you seem to be anticipating everyone's "next move"!

Good for you!

Beth