Susiestar...need your expertise

DammitJanet

I need the CEO/COO for Lowes and GE Appliances

I bought a ceramic top stove about 26 or 28 months ago...cant remember exactly when, and now all the eyes on it are burned out. Its a GE model.

I cant find my receipt but do have the booklet but it doesnt give the exact model number, just is a generic book for several models of that type. I do have the bank statement that shows I purchased it though.

I went to Lowes to see what their response was and it was "sorry, we dont have a warranty policy on appliances unless you buy one but you can call GE and see what they say." I went back to appliances and they guy said "well, it wouldnt be covered because its after one year." I asked, can you look up and see if I bought the extended warranty? No they cant!!! HUH?

Well who would know if I did if not them?

Im ticked.

I want to explain how ticked I am. This stove cost me around 400 bucks I believe. Maybe more. I think I got it for around 400 because it was a display model.

I bought GE because my grandfather worked for GE when he was also working for MIT! Harumph!

Lothlorien

Don't get me started on the appliance thing! I've got a lot to say, regarding this issue and it ain't pretty. I will tell you that there are some really filthy words that would come out of my mouth about this.

Honestly, Janet, I don't think you are going to get anywhere with the warranty thing, if you didn't buy the extended warranty. You will have to call an appliance repair place and bite the bullet.

susiestar

Roll With It
General Electric Co
3135 Easton Tpke
Fairfield, CT 06828

(202) 373-2211

(General info I think)

Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Immelt

check them out at www.hoovers.com - you can get a free trial that will let you get indepth info on the company and other execs. You can also call the company and ask for the CEO's office - asking by name will give you better results.

Good Luck.

DammitJanet

I dont know if I bought the extended warranty or not! Thats my main problem. One would think Lowes would have that information. Apparently not. They gave me this phone number I supposed could call to find out and it didnt even work.

You can bet your bottom dollar I wont buy another thing from Lowes. Thats a washing machine and now a stove that have gone out this year.

Heck, if nothing else, I will buy me a magnetic sign and put it on my car saying lowes sells inferior products...lol.

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

we purchase most of our appliances at Lowes for our commerical rentals and for our condo sales - the store can't access the extended warranty information directly. If you call 1-888-775-6937 they can look it up for you in a blink. All you need to give them is your name and phone number. Very easy.

I'm editing this because I just saw that you were given a number. Is it the same? We've used it before. If they can't tell you at that number, you probably didn't get it. It's kept under your phone number.

Sharon