Suz ~ Are you buried under snow???

Kathy813

Staff member
It looks like Pennsylvania took a really hard hit. Are you doing okay?:snowing:

It's a beautiful day here in Atlanta. I'd bring you some bread and milk but I don't know how to drive in snow.:crazydriver:

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, don't come here- I'd much rather go to Atlanta! :)

It started snowing in the middle of the night and is still going strong. They are predicting 8"-12" in my area with the disclaimer that "it might be more!" ...and we aren't even in the worst of it.

The dogs are having fun playing in the snow and tracking it all over the house.

I just made a double batch of white chicken chili. I'm going to tackle my closets next.

Fortunately, my next door neighbor bought a snowblower last night and I've hired him to do my driveway and sidewalks...otherwise, I'd be one of those heart attack statistics. :faint:

Suz

smallworld

Suz, I'm in the Difficult Child Metro area and we're getting walloped. It's already snowed about a foot and still coming down strong. We're so snow-challenged here that I can't imagine the kids will have school come Monday.

Stay warm and enjoy!

katya02

Solace
We're settling in for a 'winter wonderland' weekend here in western PA, though we're just at the north edge of this storm. The second wave on the radar map looks like it's headed straight for us though ...

Time to stay home, heat up that chili, and stay warm! :)

Suz, I'm in the Difficult Child Metro area and we're getting walloped. It's already snowed about a foot and still coming down strong. We're so snow-challenged here that I can't imagine the kids will have school come Monday.

Stay warm and enjoy!

What? Do you not get any holiday break from school there?

smallworld

My daughter A goes to a private school so she's out already. My daughter M goes to public school, and she starts winter break Wednesday afternoon, believe it or not. But we're sneaking off to Utah to visit our son on Tuesday afternoon. So M was going to miss Wednesday anyway.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's nice to have company during the blizzard. :)

SW, I talked to a friend who lives in Metro Difficult Child a few hours ago and he said the same thing you did---over a foot at that point already with no signs of a slowdown.

It's still going full speed here, plus there's a bit of wind now so it will be drifting.

Katya, I'm glad you are at the low end of this storm. It's not going to be any fun at all to dig out from.

Witz? lol

Suz

Nancy

Suz, it's so rare that we get spared the snow here in Ohio, especially in Cleveland. When I heard that the east coast was getting up to a foot of snow I couldn't believe we wouldn't get it. It's snowing lightly here but nothing major, just maybe an inch on the ground.

So two weeks ago I go to Phoenix where the weather is suppose to be gorgoeus and it's freezing. In three weeks easy child moves to NC where people from Ohio would love to be in the winter, and they are getting a foot of snow. Very ironic.

Stay warm inside with the fuzzbutts. I bought mine rubber boots for the winter. She gets snow stuck in between her toes and it freezes to her fur so I'm hoping they help lol.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
The first time that our older dog, Abby, experienced snow was not a happy occasion. We had a couple of inches one day (which, of course, closed the schools and started a run on bread and milk) and took her out to pee. Being a shih tzu, she is low to the ground so when she squatted down, her tummy came in contact with the snow. I swear that she jumped six inches straight up and looked at me like what the heck??

We had to clear an area for her before she would take care of business. Our newest dog, Gracie, has not experienced her first snowfall. I can't wait to see what she will think. She already doesn't like to go out when it is raining or cold!

I hope all you snow bunnies stay warm and dry.

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, you have.got.to. send me a picture of Lizzie in her snow boots. OMG, the visual!!! :rofl: I'll bet she's adorable. Let me know if they work.

Both Chloe and Rufus have fur like Lizzie's and the snow sticks like little marshmallows wherever it touches. When they come in the house it looks like they've been at the beach and have tracked sand in all over the place.

kathy, Chloe is short like Lizzie and your Gracie so she can pee standing up at this point- heck, so can Rufus for that matter. I shoveled out a patch for both of them. It's been a trip watching Rufus. I expect he saw snow at his former house but this is the first time here. When he's in the house he won't leave my side. I think he's afraid I'm going to leave him out there.

Suz

Nancy

Haha I bet he is afraid you'll leave him out there. And those marshmallows are darn hard to get off their paws. I have to run her paws under warm water every time she comes in. I'm so excited to try out the boots. I'm sure she will think I'm crazy but I'll be sure to take a picture for you.

by the way how is Pittsburgh? Did they get a lot of snow? husband has to drive their tomorrow and we're trying to figure out if he can take his car or he should take mine with all wheel drive.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, they haven't mentioned Pittsburgh in the news. It seems to be Difficult Child, around here, and points East. Maybe he can call his hotel in the morning to see what they say.

Suz

DammitJanet

Dont know about Pitt but they delayed the Philly game today till 4 so they could remove snow plus the problems getting people in. I dont think the Steelers are playing at home today.

witzend

I hate to say it guys, but the past few days we have been getting inches and inches of rain. It's bound to hit you again by the end of the week.

DDD

This afternoon I looked at pictures of Bo Obama having his first romp in the
snow. Really cute photos. Ace, on the other hand, not only won't go out in the rain.......he honestly hesitated this week when are temp dropped to the high forties. Guess it's lucky he is a Southern dog. ;) DDD