Suz...bad news about your beloved!

DammitJanet

NEW DELHI - A court issued arrest warrants for Hollywood actor Richard Gere and Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty on Thursday, saying their kiss at a public function "transgressed all limits of vulgarity," media reports said.

Judge Dinesh Gupta issued the warrants in the northwestern city of Jaipur after a local citizen filed a complaint charging that the public display of affection offended local sensibilities, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

Gupta earlier viewed television footage of the event, which he called "highly sexually erotic," saying the pair violated India's strict public obscenity laws.

Gere and Shetty "transgressed all limits of vulgarity and have the tendency to corrupt the society," PTI quoted the judge as saying.

Such cases against celebrities - often filed by publicity seekers - are common in conservative India. They add to a backlog of legal cases that has nearly crippled the country's judicial system.

Gere left India shortly after the kissing incident and it was not immediately clear how the warrant would affect him.

Gere is a frequent visitor to India, promoting health issues and the cause of Tibetan exiles. The Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has his headquarters in the north Indian town of Dharmsala.

Under Indian law a person convicted of public obscenity faces up to three months in prison, a fine, or both.

Last week, crowds in several Indian cities burned effigies of the 57-year-old star of "An Officer and a Gentleman," "American Gigolo" and "Pretty Woman" after he embraced Shetty and kissed her several times on her cheeks during an HIV/AIDS awareness event in the Indian capital.

Photographs of the clinch were then splashed across front pages in India - where public displays of affection are largely taboo.

The judge lambasted Shetty for not resisting Gere's kisses and ordered her to appear in his court May 5, PTI said.

Shetty, who is on a religious pilgrimage in southern India, was upset by the news, said her spokesman, Dale Bhagwagar.

"She does hurt, she does feel low," Bhagwagar told The Associated Press. "She feels she is being constantly targeted, but anyone who knows her well knows she can't be put down."

"Shilpa wishes that people would focus on the real issue , AIDS awareness, and not three pecks on her cheek," he said, adding that she had not yet received any court summons.

Shetty, 31, has said the embrace was not obscene and that the media should instead focus on HIV/AIDS awareness.

"I understand this is his culture, not ours. But this was not such a big thing or so obscene for people to overreact in such manner," she told PTI last week. "I understand people's sentiments, but I don't want a foreigner to take bad memories from here."

Shetty, already well-known in India, became an international star after her appearance on the British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother" - another controversial public appearance. A fellow contestant, Jade Goody, sparked international headlines by making allegedly racist comments to Shetty. Mobs took to the streets of India to denounce Goody, and Shetty went on to win the competition.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I know. It appears that the :kisses: "statement" :kisses:he was trying to make has somewhat backfired.

That'll teach him for kissing ANOTHER WOMAN! :nonono:

Suz :wink:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy---no, he merely kissed her...

the <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"highly sexually erotic," </div></div> took place later at my house.

:princess: :smile: :flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Suz,

How devastating to know that your beloved is such a s*l*u*t*. :smile: I cannot believe that he would cheat on you in such a public manner!

You're holding up remarkably well, considering. :rofl: Must be true lust uhhh, I mean, love. :rofl:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, you have no idea how difficult the last few days have been. :sad:

People have been saying terrible things about my beloved. :sad:

Fortunately, Richard and I know what the REAL truth is ...about love...and lust...and publicity.

Thank goodness for my friends here who understand the truth of our devotion for each other as well.

Suz

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #660000"> when i first saw the reports it did give me pause. suz's beloved does spend a lot of time in india & should be well versed in what is unacceptble behaviors.

the young woman is the #1 actress in ballywood currently. won great britain's Big Brother last year.....she was subjected to horrendous bigotry while on the show.

i'm sure richard's peeps are hard at work to fix this.

keep your chin up, suz. all will be well.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I saw a very brief clip from a visit Richard made on the Jimmy Kimmel show this week. It looks like he's very surprised by the brouhaha. Plus, you're right, kris- he goes to India often, has always been respectful of other cultures, and would never intentionally try to offend. He said that at the time no one said a word, they all went out to dinner afterwards and had a pleasant evening, etc. Then the media went nuts showing the scene over and over and it built up into a frenzy.

I hope it blows over for him soon.

Suz

Suz,

:sad: Sorry your beloved cheated on you!

A side story: When we started the adoption process for Aly, we were with an Open Adoption Agency where we write up how "wonderful" we are and include pics of our family.

When Aly's bio mom called us, she asked if husband was related to your dear Richard! I kid you not! husband went grey at 30, that gorgeous Gere Grey that I love! Years later, on one of the last phone calls I had with bio mom, she asked if husband still looked like Richard and reminded me that she had the hots for him! :rofl:

Crying through my laughter for you,
Vickie

DDD

Vickie.......uh........it "might" be best not to describe husband as
a Gere look-a-like. LOL! Poor Suz, gets lonely in between visits from her man and just might decide to be a houseguest at
your place for awhile! :)) DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
too true, DDD.

hehehe....Vickie....are you going out of town anytime soon?

Suz:angel: