Suz can't look -

Star*

call 911........call 911
So I wanted to get her something really cool for Christmas - I write the Gere Foundation trying to get an autographed picture - nothing real fantastic - just a picture - with a bloody signature....you would think this man could do that for such a huge fan.

I get a note back that says - if I want an autograph - I have to SEND a picture. WHOT? I don't have his picture....where do I get THAT? GAW.

Any ideas? I mean seriously - does she really want to marry such a tightwad? ;)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the thought, Star. Exdh got me an autographed picture of Richard years ago. I have it framed on the wall by my painting table and he acts as my muse.

What I'd really like is a picture of the two of us together. Maybe Janet could photoshop it? I was thinking it could be us as bride and groom. I could send it as my Christmas card...and maybe send it to him and invite him to our wedding.

:cutie_pie:

Hey- it could be my new avatar, too! :wine:

Suz

Marguerite

Suz, I think that would be rather creepy. Unless you add captions.

here's a thought - why don't you photoshop something, put on some blank speech bubbles, laminate it then every day write in some new words for you both.

We had a picture on the wall at work (years ago) of a skeleton sitting at a computer. One of the secretaries would play around with that picture and every day there would be a new caption on it, often as a thought bubble. I remember one - "They ought to do someting about the response time on this network. This is ridiculous!"

Marg

Marguerite

Not you, Suz. Just the idea of a photoshopped picture as described, it begins to sound stalker-ish. But I'm sure even a celeb would like the captions.

Marg

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl:

Oh, for heaven's sake. I guess you couldn't tell that I was kidding, Marg. sheesh.

Suz

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
The title said -------SUZ can't look.

I bet you shake packages under the tree too. LOL.

Seriously - I DF called me at work and said - WHAT did you get from the "gere" foundation - thinking like a man he said "gear" was spelled wrong.

I said RICHARD GERE? Is it a tube or envelope? He said it's an envelope. I got excited. I said OPEN IT .......he did......then did the blah blah blah.....send picture with your donation - blah blah ......will sign......

And I thought - You tightwad.....:mad: then said - Just throw it away...

Then I get "Why do YOU want a picture of Richard Gere?" - :faint:

I merely had to say "One of the girls - on the BOARD" and that was sufficient.

I'm sorry - I was REALLY hoping to get a fancy schmancy surprise.

Now off to find that photoshop - lol

Marguerite

Suz - I realised you were kidding. I guess I'm too used to playing straight man in this household... and I just have an amazing mental picture of some of the fun you could have with daily caption changes.

We've had some interesting celeb stuff on the media in the last couple of days re celeb stalking. An Aussie singer & actress, Delta Goodrem, is engaged to Brian McFadden (who was once a boy band singer and now is solo). They have been twittering like crazy, sharing with everybody where they are going, what they are doing etc so no privacy apparently by their choice, not thinking of what could happen. Then someone else busted in on their tweets and announced HE was Delta's soul mate and Brian had better push off (in similar words). THEN - panic all round. "Oh no, we're being stalked!" and "How on earth could this happen?"

Ya think?

So this thread comes along. Hmmm... can I picture Suz twittering that Richard Gere is her soul mate and any female in his life had better stay clear or she'll scratch his eyes out?

Interesting thought...

Mind you, I think he's got too much sense to tell the world where he's having dinner right this minute, of which park they're in with the kids. Unless it's tea with the Dalai Lama.

So, Star - the gig is up. Anything else Gere-ish we can think of?

Marg

Andy

"Send picture with donation....." What? Now you not only have to get a picture of him but you also have to pay for the signature? Where can we all pitch in? Anything for Suz!

Maybe google him to see if there is a gift store somewhere that you can order a picture. E-Bay may also be a source but who in their right mind would want to sell their picture? Will be some unsuspecting spouse, girlfriend, sister, mom, ect about to loose her beloved picture.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...twittering that Richard Gere is her soul mate and any female in his life had better stay clear or she'll scratch his (her!) eyes out?

Twittering? Nah, I only say that kind of stuff here. :D

Mary, your idea of a life-sized cut out is ideal! They have them of Elvis, surely there must be one of Richard somewhere.

Andy..... you had me laughing about making donations for "the cause." I hope no one takes you seriously and I appreciate the giggle.

And Star.........yep, of course I shake packages under the tree; doesn't everyone? ;)

Suz

Marguerite

Life size cutout - brilliant. No need to photoshop thn, you cn pose with him anywhere in the house.

Maybe take the cutout everywhere you go. "Me and Richard outside the White House." "Me and Richard on holiday in California." Richard watching me have a bath..."

Fun.

If there doens't currently exist a life-sized cutout, then surely we have the techology... we can build him, we can make him better than he was before...

oh, the possibilities!

Marg

DammitJanet

Ok....now I am on the hunt. I life sized Richard Gere! Everyone else, especially if they know anyone working in a grocery store...I want a one of those cardboard Kasey Kane Budweiser cutouts.

Maybe I could get one of those Dale Jr life sized cutouts and then dress it as Richard. Take a photo of him and enlarge it to fit on the head...lol.

DammitJanet

Oh this reminds me. Back when Oliver North was BIG, I was in Difficult Child and they had a wooden painted cutout of him standing in front of the fence, in front of the white house. You could stand next to Ollie and get your picture taken. It looked REAL! I have no idea where that picture got to but my mother adored it...lol.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
There are lots of life-size-cutout firms online. But dang if everyone I searched came up a big zero for Richard Gere! :(

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Have any of you seen "Lars and the Real Girl?" It's a quirky, charming, and utterly delightful movie. Talk about Richard as a life-sized cut out makes me think of that.

I wonder if the townspeople around here would be as understanding if *Richard* and I went everywhere together like Lars did with his *girl friend*?

Hey, some folks took pictures of Abbey's sporks visiting different places; why not Richard?

Suz

Marguerite

Hey, some folks took pictures of Abbey's sporks visiting different places; why not Richard?

THat's what I was thinking... eg me (or better still, Suz) standing beside the Harbour with the Bridge and Opera House in the background, arm around a cut-out of Richard Gere, while numerous wedding parties of Japanese tourists look on in total bewilderment!

ANother option (if you could afford it) is to get yourself a 3D life-size Richard. Those places that make those lifelike dolls for men, might also make you a Richard doll just for you.

Or is that getting a bit too weird and kinky? (I believe you can get them with all the attachments, batteries not included however).

Marg

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Those places that make those lifelike dolls for men, might also make you a Richard doll just for you.

Marg, you need to rent "Lars and the Real Girl." It won't disappoint, I promise you.

No doll for me....good for Lars.... but...talk about creepy... not my style.

(oh, and I hope that no one is taking any of this talk of cut outs or dolls seriously)

Suz

Marguerite

There was a fascinating (in a train wreck slow motion kind of way) TV show in Australia, dealing with the topic of those whho have these extremely life-like dolls. Various reasons, but the degree of emotional attachment to them was worrying. One bloke was wondering how to go about introducing them to his new girlfriend. For him it was a case of "love me, love my dolls."

easy child 2/difficult child 2 had a life-sized (her size, anyway) dummy we made for her dance school. The dummy was to be attached to her feet by the feet so she could do a Fred & Ginger dance with it. We had a broom handle for a spine, a coat-hanger in the back to keel the arms and shoulders straight - it actually looked quite good. The dummy was dressed/made from a pair of easy child's old black school trousers, a white long-sleeved school shirt, a pair of white gloves (all stitched together and stuffed with the innards of an old cushion) and we made the head as a fairly standard round shape on a short neck, using calico and then fabric paint/felt pen to draw in the facial features. We hand stitched on some felt and black wool for short hair.

But what to do with Fred after the dance?

We took out the broom handle and coat hanger and used him as a cushion on the couch. A very different cushion! Kid-sized, well-dressed, comfortable to lie on. And very satisfying to pick up and punch back into shape when frustrated with the kids!

Maybe you could make one and print Richard Gere's face onto a fabric stencil then iron it on to a piece of fabric and use tat to make the head of your very own cuddle cushion? A very different craft exercise... but could you ever bring yourself to punch him back into shape when he got the stuffing all sat on?

Then again, people might think it was a voodoo doll...

Hey, maybe you could start your own craft classes, VoodooR'Us!

Marg