Suz meme - how is H and R?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Was thinking about your family this morning and the upcoming little one. Hope all is well. Wondered if you had found out if you're a MEME to a boy or girl?

How's Rob doing with his cognitive thought process and recovery? Did Heather find another job? How are things with YOU???

Sending hugs and love - Star

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hi Star, thanks for asking.
I'm exhausted.:hot:

Between April 9-19 I worked back-to-back meetings and chalked up 99.5 billable hours during that time.:hot:

I have another meeting Sunday so will be leaving again tomorrow night, back Sunday night. It's not the end of my weekend business meetings but I am hoping that's the end of my business travel until August.

While I was away, precious Alexis Marie was born on April 15. I asked her to wait to be born until April 24 so I could miss the meeting this weekend and be around for her birth but she decided that she couldn't wait after all. I had a bit of a private boo-hoo :9-07tears: that I missed this historic event but I know that she was too busy being born to care if I was there or not. She needed oxygen and some IV antibiotics for a couple of days but she had her first well-baby checkup this week and was pronounced PERFECT....which I already knew, of course. ;)

She's beautiful, with a full head of Heather's gorgeous auburn hair. :princess: I posted some pictures of "Mimi meeting Alexis" on my Facebook page for those of you who are my FB friends.

Rob is overwhelmed and gentle and frustrated and hilarious as a new father. Heather seems to have taken to motherhood like she's done it every day of her life. Since Rob was 3 when he moved in with us, I told Heather that she'd have to teach me how to take care of an infant since I haven't done that since I babysat in high school. Rob's sis is flying in next weekend for a few days to meet her new niece. I haven't seen her since she was 5 so I hope to be able to get down there with ex and his wife and take them out to dinner.

Exciting times. :thumbsup:

MimiSuz :wine:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Congrats MimiSuz!!! :D

Goodness! Talk about burning the candles at both ends! All those meetings sound exhausting.

You've just got to post a picture of Miss Alexis here for her board aunties to coo and awwwww and go ga ga for!

Hope you can get some free time soon so you can spoil her rotten.

Hugs

Nancy

What exciting news MimiSuz, but 99.5 billable hours in ten days? My husband would like you to teach his staff how to do that.

Sounds like Heather and Rob and doing well and adjusting to parenthood just fine.

Congrats to all!

Nancy

DammitJanet

Oh my! I just had a feeling in my gut the other day that the baby was born and kept watching for updates.

Please PM me your address. I have something that was Keyana's that I want to pass down to you. Nothing big or fancy, just cute.

donna723

Congratulations, Mimi-Suz! She sounds like a beautiful baby and they have given her such a beautiful name! I'm so glad you're getting the time to enjoy her now. It seems like it takes them forever to get here, but once they're here, the time just seems to fly by. My grandson will be a year old next Saturday!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
My husband would like you to teach his staff how to do that.

Nancy, it is taking its toll. My BiPolar (BP) has been such a problem that my vision was affected and I am now having a series of injections every six weeks in my left EYEBALL :wildone: I kid you not.

Happily, I am now home from this weekend's board meeting, although I have no confidence that work will slow down any.

Nancy, Lisa, 3S, Janet, and Donna- thanks for your ongoing support and encouragement.

Suz

busywend

Suz, congrats on the birth of Alexis and for becoming a Mimi! I know you are over the top in love with that little baby!

My jaw dropped when I heard Rob's sister was coming to visit. I did not realize they were in touch. Are you nervous about seeing her?????

I hope you are properly compensated at work, Suz. You are working far too hard!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then, it would seem that little Alexis is just a chip off her Meme's block. She's quite the little steam roller too isn't she? You put in 99.9 billable hours in 9 days and SHE decided that NOW was the day to be born so she just did it. I see quite the determination gene in that little girl and she gets it from her MEME (inherited is a mere formality as far as I'm concerned it's through osmosis)

Congratulations to your entire family! I'm sure Rob will make a wonderful Daddy and I can't wait to hear chapter 2 in the life of......especially the parts where he has those ah-ha OMG I've become my parents moments. (wink)

Hugs & Love
Star

DammitJanet

Those ah ha moments are to die for...lol. Wait till Rob says stuff about...She will never xxx or If she tries doing what I did I will xxx. It will make your head spin. LOL.

Estherfromjerusalem

Suz, I've just seen that you have become a Meme -- congratulations.

May she always give you loads of joy. When are we going to see a picture?

I love being a grandmother.

Love, Esther

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Thanks, gals.

No, there's no compensation for the extra hours other than my groups appreciate it. :faint:

XXX MimiSuz

LittleDudesMom

Mimi Suz, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Holding that sweet, perfect little girl will surely make up for exhaustion from work! Nothing better than being cheek to cheek with a baby!

Sharon