Swahili? Maybe Ancient Greek?

susiestar

Roll With It
Surely that is what I am speaking because no one in my family will listen to anything I say. SO I am not talking to them for a while.

What brought this on? Four days of being totally ignored no matter how logical, helpful, problem solving or safety issue type things I have said. Most of the time I have been ASKED if the issue is a problem, or to help with the issue. THEN they ignore everything I have said.

thank you has a cup he likes to drink water out of. It is a big ceramic mug. It has cracks in the finish inside. Black mold is growing there. I tried to salvage it by bleaching it. Didn't get to the mold. SO the cup must not be used for beverage consumption, esp by someone with allergies and asthma. Logical. safety issue. Today I find it sitting full of water on the very edge of the counter waiting to be spilled.

Jessi found a bone shaped pillow at a yard sale. I asked that it go into a ziploc until it is washed and inspected. We have been fighting bed bugs. Close to $1000 worth of fighting. Not including new mattresses. She tosses it on my new bed, not in any kind of bag.

We were unloading groceries. Jessi's back hurts. I say I will put things on a shelf and she can put them in the freezer, fridge, etc... I have the shelf full o stuff to put away and she goes and grabs something off of the floor, something heavy. WHY??? All she needed t d is put up the stuff on the shelf. So her back does not get worse.

What idiot parent keeps a big bottle of rum out where the kids have free and easy access to it? My kids don't drink but they don't need the temptation. No kids do, in my opinion. HE is the one who made a big deal about the gene for alcoholism running in both sides of both of our families. SO our kids sure don't need it in their faces. So I arrange a place to keep all o our booze.. But then he cannot be bothered to put it away. I DO NOT DRINK EVER. I cook with some types of booze. But if I drink I get very ill and I don't need help feeling bad, in my opinion. So why is it my job to put up the booze after he gets it out? When it was HIS idea that the stuff should be out of the kids eyesight at least!!

So we will have a quiet day No talking from mom because no one understands ANYTHING comes out of her mouth.

nlj

να σκεφτούν δύο φορές πριν λέγοντας τίποτα

I don't know about the other stuff, but the cup balacing precariously at the edge of the counter would definitely have been given a bit of help to 'accidentally' fall and smash on the floor.

P.S. Was your cat named after a famous brand of rum (ironically)?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ew. Black mold growing in a mug? I just tossed my favorite tea mug because the dishwasher is no longer getting the tea stains out of it and I can't see if anything is growing in it.

And setting a glass of liquid on the edge of a table? With a CAT in the house?!? Uh-uh. My guys are older and I wouldn't dare.

And leaving the rum out? Exposing "colored" liquors to light ruins them. (try that concept on hubs)

And don't I remember a funny story about Cap'n getting a bit 'faced a few years back? He shouldn't be exposed to temptation, either.

InsaneCdn

I just tossed my favorite tea mug because the dishwasher is no longer getting the tea stains out of it and I can't see if anything is growing in it.
Next time, use some baking soda on a sponge. It's a great way to get rid of tea stains, safe even on fine bone china. Dishwashers are NOT good at getting off anything that requires scrubbing.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'd tried the scrubbing. (didn't try the baking soda, unfortunately). Scrubbing wasn't doing it.

It was a cheap mug that I liked because the handle was comfortable. The dishwasher was doing it for a while, but I think after many years,the glaze was damaged.

"Stout" black tea seems to be rather corrosive, I assume due to the tannic acid in it; I wonder what it does to the innards.

susiestar

Roll With It
Yes, Capn Morgan IS named after that rum and YES, he did get 'faced a few yrs back because husband used to 'let' him drink out of his gllass if it didn't have a lid on it. He LIKED the rum but not the after effects. husband got in MAJOR trouble with me because that is BAD for cats. Esp because the next time husband had tea and rum the cat purposely swept it off the end table while giving husband the "you have sinned" look. I refused to even help clean that mess or let J help.

The cat is the other reason the mug upset me. If the cat knocks it off, he then gets cut on the leftover shards in the carpet. Morg is NOT a youngster and does NOT need that.

For tea stains, do what restaurants do: 1 tbsp bleach in 1 qt of water, let sit for a half hour to all night, then wash and use. It usually doesn't take 1/2 hr, my mgrs just didn't want to stay and wait until we washed them cause the commercial dishwasher takes so long, all of a whole five or six min ya know! I use the bleach because it is FAR more gentle than scraping out the stains with an abrasive so the finish lasts longer. But if the finish inside gets cracks and then anything starts growing that bleach doesn't remove, throw it OUT!

susiestar

Roll With It
Morgan was named after the rum because he is a seal point Siamese who's main color is the color of Captain Morgan's rum. Later we discovered he LIKES it. He was a year old but his owner only surrendered him because she got Alzheimer's and her kids lived out f state and couldn't take him. In his file at the vet was a note that the owner was told to stop giving her cats a 'bit' of rum when she had rum and tea every evening. his owner owned his mom and kept him and 2 sibling until she had to be moved to a nursing home. We got him the day before the pound was either going to send him to the no kill shelter or to euthanize him. He was the only one thank you liked and he was OUTRAGED that anyone would think of killing him, lol. My boy was a softy at age 8 and is a softy now, lol!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Squeaky (see avatar) had an out if she hadn't adopted me. Another volunteer was retiring in November, and had said she would take Squeaky home with her forever if she wasn't adopted by then.

Thomas was on his way out as an emergency euthanasia when I literally told them, "You are NOT killing this cat! I'll take him home and see if I can work with him.

We know how that worked out. Squeaky was a nutcase the first year I had her. She ran around like a mad thing, literally climbed the walls, tore up the drywall, and literally was the most destructive cat I've ever seen. After that first year, she VERY slowly started to settle down. Much of that I owe to Jakey, who took her in hand, and started disciplining Squeaky and cuddling with, and grooming her. They became bonded, and slowly Jakey taught Squeaky the right way to cat.

Then, 3 years ago, Jakey died of Renal Failure and Squeaky was devastated. You all know Thomas' story and how "charmingly" Squeaky acquitted herself during the first several months of his residency here.

KTMom91

I used to wonder if I was speaking Chinese...same reason. Now I can't decide if Hubby's hearing is going or he isn't taking his Ritalin like he should be. It's a toss-up.

InsaneCdn

"Stout" black tea seems to be rather corrosive, I assume due to the tannic acid in it; I wonder what it does to the innards.
I drink "stout" black tea too.
I didn't realize you were drinking highly-staining forms of tea, like us "English types" are prone to do!

The heat of the drying cycle, or even of the extreme hot water, actually sticks the tannins more tightly to the mug. Over time, that can trap water chemicals, including chlorine... any of which can be corrosive.

You need to clean the mug by HAND, not in the dishwasher. And you need to clean it every single day. Either at the end of the day before you go to bed, or in the morning when you plug the first kettle in. :D

And yes, some of the best mugs are cheap ones. :( The problem being, they don't last.

InsaneCdn

Post Script.
Why are you drinking TEA out of a MUG anyway!!

Mug is for coffee. Tea cup is for tea.

:rofl:

:redface: yes I do it too. It holds more and stays hotter. But...

Lil

You know, if bleach didn't get it, it probably isn't mold at all.

I'd still just throw the mug in the trash and be done with it. What good is a mug you can't drink out of anyway?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
IC, I literally drink English tea. PG Tips purchased either at an upscale grocery or ordered online.

I drink it with milk and sweetener. Before those go in, it looks like black coffee, LOL!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Weird tip. If you have a teacup that's stained... Use it for cocoa. Something in the chocolate removes the tea stains. This doesn't work on clothing, unfortunately!

As for speaking another language, yeah. The sitter who watches Rose 4 days a week calls it "putting on listening ears". It's ironic, because Bill gets upset when people don't listen to him.................................

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Interesting. I drink hot cocoa maybe 2-3 times a year, so I wind up buying it. I like it mixed with coffee. One of the only ways I like hot coffee, in fact.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I did not used to like coffee at all, and I would mix cocoa in with it because I needed the caffeine kick!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
More theobromine than caffeine. Of course, theobromine's abilities as a stimulant aren't to be sneezed at. It's that chemical that makes chocolate so toxic to dogs.