Sweet Betsy is a Mommy!

Ms McNear15

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!! Lincoln James was born Sat. 09/15/07 and weighed in at 6 lb 4oz-20 in long. He is a BEAUTIFUL baby and perfect in every way. He looks just like my Sweet Betsy at birth, and is layed back and very content. He actually slept 5 hrs. last nite at only 4 days old. I am amazed and feel SO VERY BLESSED!!

I did miss the labor and delivery as it really went quick. I spoke with Betsy at 10 pm Friday nite and she was having a few contractions, but nothing with a real pattern. She advised me to take a train the next day sometime. At 2:30 am I get the call they are going to the hospital. By 3:30 am., dilated to a 4 and birth at 10:19 am. We were on the train headed to Chicago when I got the call the baby was here.

Betsy did very well with labor and delivery. She did admit she underestimated the pain lol, but handled the entire situation very well. She did develop a fever on Sunday, went to 104 and it was determined she had a kidney infection. Instead of a 24 hr. stay, it ended up a 3 1/2 day stay. She came home yesterday and white blood count had dropped.

She is the most patient I have ever seen her, working on breast feeding and staying calm even when Lincoln is screaming. Her boyfriend commented yesterday that he has already seen such a change in her. We are all proud, to say the least.

She was 12 when we came here. I now have an almost 19 yo who has matured and is an amazing young woman and mother. I couldn't be prouder.

I will post a picture when we get home.

Blessings to All,

Mrs. McNear

Jen

Wow what a blessing for all. Can hear in your writing how proud of her you are, even though I dont remember the story behind your daughter. Could use a little miracle this way.

Jen

DDD

I'm thrilled that all went well and that baby is thriving and
calm at the same time! LOL DDD

goldenguru

Congrats. Being a grandma is the most amazing, wonderful role I have had the privilege to experience.

Being a mom does grow them up. In my opinion it gives them purpose and a reason to be a better person.

Kudos to your daughter too!

ck1

Congratulations! I hope you all enjoy every minute with your new little one, Lincoln James (love the name)! ~Cathy

muttmeister

:smile: Congratulations, Grandma! :smile:

As a grandma myself, I have found the old saying to be true: Grandkids are God's reward for not killing our kids.
:wink:

Sunlight

what a great strong name for him! I am so happy all went well. time sure passes so fast. I still think of Betsy as a lil girl. I am so proud of her and you.