Sweet Pea's first Occupational Therapist (OT) session

Ktllc

First let me tell you: the Occupational Therapist (OT) has been working with our family for about 1.5 year. She really helped V a lot and now organizes our social skills group (yes, this project is up and going!).
So she is no stranger to Sweet Pea. And Occupational Therapist (OT) knows Sweet Pea very well and is actually the one that suggested it was time to have her evaluated.
Her boss came over, I filled out some questionnaires and she showed as "definite differences" in her sensory profile. Fine and gross motors skills are fine.
So, today, she started working with her and within minutes sweet little Sweet Pea turned into a furry. She showed the Occupational Therapist (OT) her other side. Screaming, kicking, pushing, running, rolling on the floor... The Occupational Therapist (OT) stuck to the plan: give her lots of heavy sensory input (hugs, weighted blankets, squeeze fidgets, etc...). Both Occupational Therapist (OT) and I were very calm. Nothing worked... first time a therapist actually get to see what I deal with on a daily basis.
Than later this afternoon, after the social skills group. Towards the end, Sweet Pea had another huge meltdown. She actually had big meltdowns all afternoon...
Just exhausting.
Occupational Therapist (OT) actually said she was not sure on how to deal with it because what she did today definitely did not work... the problem: nothing has worked so far!
I hope her boss and her will have a chat and come up with a good plan.
She mentioned having a strict routine during her sessions, always the same things. And then very slowly introduce change. Gosh, if we have to go through that every during every sessions....
Next week, we won't have both Occupational Therapist (OT) and social group the same day.
She is only 2.5 and I fear I won't have many answers anytime soon.
husband tells me we are raising an excepional being and that's why it is so hard! Gotta find humor wherever you can.
I obviously wonder about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (she would be atypical like V: Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) not otherwise specified) or maybe some kind of emotional disorder? Is it even possible to tell at her age?
Can a neuro-psy even evaluate such a young child? TEACCH will, but they will only look at Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or other related communication disorders. What is a related communication disorder anyway? Google search does not bring up anything.