Sweetpea is home.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
terrified she'll "screw up" AND has unpacked all her belongings & rearranged her bedroom.

I let kt know that I'm not doing the constant watch - she knows the rules & will have to police herself. I will remind her of her obligations, her medications & her boundaries.

I also let her know that I would not be walking about on pins & needles...if she chooses to run she chooses to run. I will call the police as that is my obligation as a parent.

I plan on enjoying the good times with kt - encourage her with her art & playing her guitar. To make girl friends & enjoy that type of friendship.

I don't know what else as we're working out the "plan" if you will.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
That sounds like about all you can do at this point.
You are a wonderful Mom. Better than most.

Welcome Home KT

slsh

member since 1999
Welcome home, KT! I hope that it goes smoothly, Linda, and that she gets to appreciate the fabulous woman that is her mother! ;)

klmno

That sounds great to me and that is the only plan I have for when my son comes home. I figure if I'm walking around on eggshells or constantly hovering over him, he's more likely to mess up and honestly, I have to keep myself detached to a certain extent at this point. But this approach also keeps the responsibility on the difficult children' shoulders, not ours, in my humble opinion.

Good luck to you and kt both. Maybe reminding her that you know she can do it or at least come to you to discuss things if she's struggling, will help her feel secure and confident. My son told me it is harder for him when he thinks I don't believe he can stay out of trouble.

Keep us posted!

Hoping all goes well, and remember, if she has a slip, it doesn't mean relapse. We're all human. I hope you are enjoying every moment.-Alyssa

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm working on not getting my hopes up or becoming so cynical that there is no hope for ms. kt.

I'm at the point where I have this huge bubble around me protecting my personal & emotional self. That's a must have ~ it's been explained to kt & while hurt at first, she's okay with that. She's also been told that at 15 it's no longer an immediate forgive & forget. Now it will take time to absorb what has happened & to rebuild trust.

We made it through our first weekend together. It was a mish mash of learning to live together. kt learning the rules of the house & the like.

Thanks for all the supports & wishes for a good outcome.