TA Daaaa! We have a LICENSE!!!!

DammitJanet

I realize that for most families this is a normal event in their lives but form ours, this is truly a momentous occasion.

Billy has a LICENSE!!!!

Billy has a car!

I dont have to taxi anymore!!!!

:cheers::bigsmile::dance:

donna723

WOOO HOOO!!!

Congratulations, Billy!!!

:bravo:

... and congratulations to the former chauffeur! That must be such a relief for you! Janet, what will you do with all that extra time you'll have on your hands now?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Billy -

hands at 11 & 3
check your mirrors
foot on the break before engaging the shifter
always look behind you
be a defensive driver
wear your seat belt
no drinking and driving
no texting and driving
no smooching and driving
STOP FOR BLUE LIGHTS - don't ask just DO AS I SAY

and of course

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so proud of you!!!!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Way to go Billy!!!!!

Janet, I'm so jealous! difficult child is 19, had his permit but no time behind the wheel and then his permit expired. husband was going to take him to get it renewed but difficult child decided that he doesn't NEED to drive.

:slap:

Gonna get mighty cold on that bicycle come winter!

everywoman

Yeah for Billy. I know how much you, Janet, have been hoping for this. Congratulations---another one who is now a little more independent.

DammitJanet

Star...I had to just laugh out loud at some of those on that list.

Billy drink and drive? Ummm...we cant even get him to take a mixed drink at all! He wont even taste one. He ALWAYS wears his seatbelt. As far as smooch and drive? Well that would mean he has to date and so far, thats a no go too. He is the original 40 year old virgin but he is only 28...lol. I can see him making it to 40 though. He quotes me the laws on driving and talking on cell phones constantly and I just glare. I dont text and drive but I can talk on the cellphone, smoke and drink my soda all while driving with no problem...lol. Thats what knees were made for!

However I have banned him from even turning his phone on and thank my stars above his car has no radio...lmao.

witzend

Billy -

hands at 11 & 3

Starbie, you're showing your age! If you hold your hands at 11 & 3 if you are in even a minor accident where the airbag goes off you are likely to break both of your forearms. They recommend you hold your hands at 4 & 8 now.