Tagemet for warts

Lothlorien

I think there was an article in a local paper or something, but my father in law was telling me that he read that Tagamet worked for warts, if you take it everyday for six to eight weeks.

Anyone do this? I just bought a bunch, because I have two really nasty ones on two of my fingers that just drive me nuts. I've done the burning and freezing, but they come back. Tried laser and all it did was take the top layer off. They hurt. Somedays they actually throb. I have another one on my wrist that hasn't ever bothered me, but these two on my fingers are just awful.

susiestar

Roll With It
Do you take the tagamet orally or just glue it onto the wart?

Warts are viral and I strongly doubt that taking tagamet will help. I do know that Jessie and thank you each have some warts and they each have been on tagamet for a few years.

I have heard that duct tape or banana peel help. It seems there are chemicals in teh peel that will get rid of the virus. I assume that the duct tape is to hold the bit of banana peel in place (takes a week or more to work), but my bro has used it all by itself. Being a man he believes that if you cover it with duct tape then it will work.

I hoep whatever you do gives you some relief.

crazymama30

easy child took tagamet for warts when she was in preschool. She had a horrible case. THey covered her hands, and the dentist even found them in her mouth. The dermatologist could not freeze them off, as there were too many. He put blister beetle juice (some kind of extract from some sort of bug, I don't know what it was really called.) and put her on tagamet. Since it is an antacid it reduces the acid in your system, which allows somehow your immune system to fight of the wart virus. The doctor said that some peoples's immune systems need a boost to fight them off and the tagamet does that somehow. It worked. 8 yrs later easy child has NO warts. She had a super bad case too.

I don't know if the dosing was different or if you do what the bottle says. But I know that it worked for us.

Lothlorien

Susiestar, you take them orally. Studies have shown that it somehow helps your body to fight the virus.

CM30, husband had that beetlejuice stuff too. It burned his skin off, probably another 30 percent beyond where the warts were and his skin fell off. He has these horrible scars from it and the warts came back anyway! I'm glad she doesn't have them anymore....that is horrible.

I'm going to keep trying it to see if it helps.

SRL

FYI: there's also a cream called Aldara that is actually for skin cancer but has been found effective for warts in some people. It didn't help my child's warts but I was willing to give it a go because the warts on the hands just keep coming back.

Thanks for posting about the Tagamet. What is the recommended dosage?

DammitJanet

I remember reading about the tagament. Or hearing about it several years ago. It came out after my kids had warts removed at the dermatologist so we never tried it.

Tony's grandma could remove them with a penny and a cow. Old indian folklore. I dont know if she passed it down to her granddtr or not. I can find out...lol.