Take Your Daughter to Work Day

M

ML

Which has morphed here to take your daughters and sons to work.

Anyone brave enough lol?

This will be manster's 3rd one. He's still into it but this may be the last year before he clues in it's actually pretty boring. Last year I brought him to some high level meetings and he was bored out of his mind and embarassed because the boss made the kids introduce and say something about themselves; lucky for him no meetings today.

Just wondering if others out there will be bringing kids to work and would love to hear an update at the end of the day.

KTMom91

Miss KT has shown up at some of the schools I sub at, on an informal basis, and used to visit the store when I worked retail, but no, I've never taken her in for the entire day.

Hope you and Manster have a pleasant day!

shellyd67

We own a small family business so my kids are at work with us quite a bit.

I have to admit if I did work elsewhere, I would absolutely take easy child but not difficult child he would borea** me ALL DAY LONG !:grey:
He bores way too easily.

I hope you and Manster have a wonderful day !

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Not a chance.

Jett would be bored, bored, bored... And talk constantly. And Onyxx? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Going home at lunch anyway... LOL

svengandhi

Years ago, the court house I work in most frequently had a take your daughters day and a week later a take your sons day.

I brought my daughter and her friend (K and 1st at the time). Both girls dressed up in fancy outfits, with patent leather dress shoes. They looked adorable. All of the girls were brought into a big room the judges used to conference in. One of the senior judges sang "Thank Heaven for Little Girls." He did have an amazing voice, but it was a little bizarre. Then we went on a tour and actually saw a prisoner being transported. The girls had lunch and met lots of people. When she got home, all she could talk about was "the man in the feet-i-cuffs" (ankle shackles). To this day, she still talks about him!

THe next week, I took oldest boy, who was in 1st grade. I dressed him in a suit and tie, he looked so handsome. The boys got to act out a trial about who killed the gym teacher. It was pretty much supposed to be improv and the boys ranged from 6 to 14 so my son was about the youngest. My son was a witness for the defense and he testified beautifully - until the last question. He was asked "How do you know that the defendant didn't kill the teacher?" He looked up, his beautiful blue eyes wde open, and said "I know he didn't kill the teacher because I did!" When I asked him later, he said he confessed because he wanted to be put in the "feet-i-cuffs" so he could brag to his sister! One of the court officers overheard us and actually let him wear a set for a few minutes. daughter was SO jealous when she heard!

M

ML

Sven that is so precious~

I was only able to hang in there for half the day. It was really boring for him but he did enjoy not having to go to school.

Wiped Out

Staff member
In the past I have taken easy child/difficult child (two times). difficult child would love to go but there is no way husband or I would ever consider it!

crazymama30

Nope nope nope. I do not have a kid friendly job. Kids in a wound and ostomy clinic??? Ummm, nope. Not to mention the hippaa stuff.

But if I could? Nope still.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I HAD to take Dude to work so many days because he was suspended so many times - it just wasnt a "Fun" thing. Know what I mean?? lol.