Taking a break for husband's brain surgery 2/12...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband/difficult child 4 has a vascular malformation in his right temporal lobe that's been causing simple partials since '02 (we finally got this all figured out in December). After four different neurovascular consults in the past three weeks, he decided to "get it over with" and scheduled the surgery for this coming Tuesday.

We're taking a belated anniversary weekend away starting tomorrow (it was last October!) and then I'll be relocating to the hospital with him for a few days. He'll be home recuperating for 6 to 8 weeks... I just hope I don't lose my mind in the interim!

Please keep him (and our difficult children) in your prayers. I'll post an update when I have news.

:angel2:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Will be keeping you & yours in my thoughts & prayers. I hope there is a quick recovery with no complications.

Plan well so there is a bit of "me" time thrown in - even if it's a hot bubble bath with a good book & a glass of wine.

Take care!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Fingers crossed for a smooth operations and a quick recovery. It's worrisome when your loved one goes under the knife.

slsh

member since 1999
Sending many good thoughts to you and your family. Hope he breezes through surgery without a problem and has an uneventful recovery. Gentle hugs to you!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping for a quick recovery, sending wisdom to the surgeon, patience for you, and strength for husband to come thru this with flying colors........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Wishing you ....

Uncomplicated surgery....
Speedy recover.............
Super Strength.............
Soft bubbles in ur bath...
A great wine................
Angels on your shoulder from the board

Hugs
Star

gcv mom,

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to your family at this time. I'm so glad your husband is going ahead with the surgery. Stay in touch....

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Wishing and sending you and husband, lots of kind patient, understanding, very good,medical staff... and a very speedy recovery.

Big Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

easy child's first boyfriend had several severe mal-formations deep in his brain. Neuros did his procedures in steps. They didn't think his would work due to the severity, but last time I heard (just over a month ago) he is still doing well.

((hugs))