Talk about breaking free of your box......

LittleDudesMom

I don't remember if I mentioned this, but last December while I was working out at the gym, one of the floor trainers came to me and said I should audition for a commercial.

"What???" I asked with fear in my eyes (even though I love public speaking and did drama for years and years).

She told me that the ad company for my local gym (seven here in my town and one about an hour north) was auditioning people for their "real members" advertising campaign.

So, in the spirit of "getting outside my box" I said ok.

I signed up and when they called my name I entered one of the raquet ball courts, got mic'd and they fed me some questions and got me to talk about my motivation for joining, etc.

I forgot about it until I got a phone call yesterday. They wanted to know if I would be available to come in on the 24th or 25th. I asked if this was a call back and she said, "no, we will be shooting the commercial and will need you for about two hours." :surprise:

Huh?????????????????

So, this is a single "life journey" type of commercial where I will be alone with the gym in the background talking about why I joined, what my goals are, and how the gym is helping me meet my goals.

So, I will definately be stepping out of and busting that box of mine. I've seen several of these commercials on tv and have never seen anyone as large as I am :redface:. Perhaps the fact that I spoke about stepping outside my comfort zone and just doing it is a way for them to appeal to other larger potential members who are afraid to get out there and put on pants or a bathing suit!

I'll keep you posted.

Sharon

Janna

Good for YOU! Can I get an autograph? LOL!!!! It might be worth some good $$ some day :)

I am so proud of you. Sharon, that is so great.

trinityroyal

Wow Sharon, that's wonderful!
I am glad to see gyms and others moving away from just using Twiggy-type people in their campaigns.

Fit and healthy come in all different shapes and sizes, and it's about time the fitness industry recognized that.

Good for you!

Trinity

Very cool!!! Look how far you've come, and your gym wants you to represent them! You'll be famous at the gym!-Alyssa

ScentofCedar

You are amazing!

I can't wait to hear all about the shooting of the commercial. What an interesting experience that will be! Now that we are in Florida. I am always telling husband we should go to the Universal studio down here and be in a commercial or part of a crowd scene or something, just to see how it's all done.

:)

You go, girl!

Barbara

Sharon,

What a surprise for you!!! You have come such a long way and it is wonderful and such an honor to have the gym staff ask you to be their spokesperson. You must still be in shock - I know I would be...

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the commercial. It is so EXCITING!!! I'm just in shock realizing I "know" a soon to be tv "star", lol!!! I wish I lived close enough so I could see it!!! WFEN

D

Dollhouse

Hi!

I am a newbie over at the PE Forum and saw your post. Good for you!! I think that is awesome. Please keep us posted :eek:)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wow, to think I knew you when!!:bravo:
Way To Go! I'm glad you are stepping out of your box. You are a role model for others who are a bit hesitant to go to the gym because they think someone is thinking they don't belong.