Talk about irony......

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I ordered a gift for kt online & decided to pick it up at the local store here. At the time, it wasn't an issue - I felt safer driving & wasn't so off kilter.

Forward to pick up date & husband offers to pick up gift for me. I contact store to let them know that husband will be picking up said gift for me as I am ill.

Local store informs me that they cannot release this purchase to husband even if he has my ID & credit card. Doesn't matter that the credit card is on the same account. Doesn't matter that I offered to write a letter releasing his company from liability, etc, etc, etc. Went through this spiel with the manager of the store - complimenting his company on the security they have implemented on behalf of their customers but there must be someway to work this out. NOT!

I finally told the manager of the store that I found it a bit off that the man (my husband), who can essentially decide to "pull the plug" on me in a hospital, cannot pick up an $89 purchase on my behalf. :rofl: :hammer: :crazy: :smile:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How ridiculous! Did the manager give in after you told him your situation?

I routinely give my credit cards to easy child or difficult child to go food shopping for me. They sign my name, etc., and have never had a problem. Once, at GAP, they asked easy child for ID. She had to come home and get a note from me....how did the store personnel know she didn't just go out to her car and scribble the note herself?

Ridiculous. I hope kt enjoys this hard gotten gift!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How ridiculous! I could maybe even understand their concern if it were a neighbor or something picking up the present. But your own husband??

I'm also wondering if the manager saw the light? Or at least gave you a break since it's xmas?

I hope kt loves this present.

Hugs

:xmasdec:

DammitJanet

I could almost understand this in certain situations if you hadnt paid yet and had to send in YOUR credit card..etc.

I know with Walmarts Site to Store you have to designate a person to pick up but you can go in and add a person to the list even after you get the email if circumstances change. I kinda worried about only having my name on that list when I did the ordering in case I had to send husband but it all worked out since he was out of town.

You do know you could do a quick POA that you download online if you happen to know a notary. Or husband doesnt happen to be your POA already is he? You can specify the POA for really limited uses such as PICKING UP PACKAGES...lol. It will make the store happy and save you trouble.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
husband & I had to run out to pick up kt's gift. husband was quite angry; he parked in a no parking zone with my disabled parking sticker hanging out, walked in to get the manager of the store to come out & take my information to pick up the gift.

As you can tell husband was quite peeved! (We were lucky that one of our PCAs was able to come in for a few hours to keep kt amused today). Manager was a bit peeved. I was willing to walking into the store & pay for this item (no it hadn't been charged to my account yet).

I felt like I was stuck between 2 sides of beef pumped up with testosterone. Ugly scene.

You know I will be doing this different next year. :bah-humbug:

DammitJanet

Just get a POA so this wont happen again.

husband has mine and I have his.

When Jamie was in the Marines, I was his POA for the first year while he was doing so much training and might not be around to take care of certain things. It came in handy a time or two. I was actually able to title the car we gave him in his name because without that POA, he would have had to be here to do so.

Lothlorien

Write a letter to the company. I'da been madder than a bull! I don't blame your husband one bit. Yet, had you ordered it and had it delivered to your house, UPS or USPS would have left it on your front stoop, no sig needed, no questions asked. The package may have even been very telling of the gift ( which happened to me).

Kathy813

Staff member
I like that your husband made the manager come out to your car. It certainly made a point.

:rofl:

I hope kt appreciates the gift after all of this!:xgift:

~Kathy

Star*

call 911........call 911
He would have gotten a lump of coal to the back of the head - MOERAWN

JOY TO THE WORLD - la la la la