Talk to Me About Diet...

I never thought we would be trying outside-the-box theories for kiddo prior to bringing him home, but here we are...So many of his behaviors are just so...odd. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) diagnosis but not typically autistic in any way...lots of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)/stereotypes, rages, impulsivity, general "unfocused" behavior, etc. He definitely has an increase in all behaviors after being exposed to someone who is sick (he almost never actually gets sick). Which lead us to look at PANDAS...which lead us to look into inflammatory/immune causes of autistic/Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) behaviors.

All of that to ask...has anyone tried an anti-inflammatory diet with any success? We know that many of the "inflammatory" foods cause mild issues with kiddo (sugar, obviously, is a huge thing), but we haven't actively tried to supplement to "anti-inflammatory" foods. We did trial girlfriend/CF for about 8 weeks and didn't notice an improvement in his behavior BUT we stopped pushing healthier foods at the time we stopped girlfriend/CF because we were more concerned with calorie intake, and looking back, his behavior declined drastically.

I think we're going to try it, it can't hurt to trial. But I was wondering if anyone else had benefitted from this diet, and how long before you saw improvements.