Talk to me, please!

F

flutterbee

I am so drained - emotionally, mentally, physically. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there for about a month or so.

I'm not going to get a break from Wynter any time soon - if ever. I'm very limited on what I can do physically. I need something, though. Something to take my focus off my health and my difficult child. I can't even get into any books.

I just need a break. I don't even want my animals around me.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh what a funk... I can at least get caught up in some history or animal show. Or the news just playing.. Mind numbing.

I have had a hard time getting into books as well. Actually reading Reading "Vinegar Hill" it is really good.

I hope you get you spring back... no more aches and pains! I will wave one of the girls special wands... (they really work)

F

flutterbee

I got on the treadmill today. 2 minutes is all I could do before I started hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. 2 minutes.

I've got to use the yoga DVD that I got. Got the DVD player hooked up and was waiting on easy child to show me how to work it without the remote - since it's lost - and he went and unhooked it and put it in his room. I don't know why. He can watch movies in his PS3. Sigh....

Abbey

Spork Queen
Heather...take a side trip here. I've got room. Yes, it's an inflatable bed (proud owner of two), but it works.

Ok, so it's not so warm, but we'll manage. H is rarely here and the inlaws only pop in every few hours. It will be fun. I might have to go to work, but you could come along. Heck...they wouldn't know if someone new showed up. They're like..."Oh, there's the new girl." You might actually get paid.

No difficult child's other then heckler bagger Matt (love this kid) and a few regular customers. Pretty stress free.

The door is always open.

(Did I mention the hawks and the bitter cold?)

Abbey

F

flutterbee

As long as I remember..."My Pleasure", right?

I've got my pillow and flannel jammies. I'm all packed. :D

Beth, there's plenty of kid hiney to kick around here. You're welcome to it anytime. :tongue:

We got the arbitration results from the accident Devon was in in April. The other driver was cited. The arbitrator decided each driver was responsible 50%. So, now our insurance may go up. The insurance company is bound by the arbitration, but if they raise our rates our agent is going to fight for us because he - and everyone else - say there's no way he's 50% liable. The other driver was backing out illegally on top of a blind hill. Duh.

THEN, Devon goes and gets a speeding ticket yesterday. 36mph in a school zone. :919Mad: Because he's a juvenile, he has to go to court where his license will be suspended for 4-6 weeks - or more. Sometimes you can get some driving privileges instead of losing privileges completely and I'm hoping we can because I need him driving. I can't do it. So, I have to deal with that Dec 4. Taking my letter from my doctor stating that I'm disabled. And then hoping our rates don't go up even more, although our agent said that based on the pool he's in, it shouldn't raise his rates.

And then I get a letter from the City. Apparently, I forgot to file my city income tax return. I worked in accounting. How embarrassing is that? And of course, if I had filed it when I should have I would have had the money to pay it because of my federal return. Now I have to figure out which bills don't get paid this month so I can pay that - and I haven't even figured the interest and penalties. I'm going to send them what I owe and let them send me a letter with that amount - that way I can split it up some. It's nice when you get a "Notice to Appear" letter from the city.

And the cat threw up on my Dansko shoes. The brand new ones that came today.

Seriously. Enough already.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, 'My Pleasure' is a must. I think I can say it in 5 different languages now. Otherwise they'll know you are an infiltrator.

Off to work in the dark and cold...and boots and hat. Ummm...and coat and mittens.

Abb

klmno

Ok, Heather, how about getting the kids out of the house, getting munchies or wine or whatever suits you and watching movies all day? I'll come and join you if you want company. :D

house of cards

I don't know how you do it. I have a mini Winter and so I know how draining that is, but I don't have the serious health problems as well(I probably have fibromyalgia, high blood pressure). What I do have is the same overwhelmed, depressed, crappy feeling where it doesn't seem anything is working and why bother.

I have started taking St John's Wort, eating alot of chocolate and cuting down on trying to please everyone. I've given myself permission to withdrawl a bit and just focus on the neccesary stuff. I've got to deal with Major and my difficult child L, I've got to keep the house from getting shut down by the health dept, I've got to give husband a little attention every now and then.

I don't have it in me right now to be able to help my sister with her mental health issues, I am taking some time from "being there" for my mom. I know I need to get back to dealing with these things but I CANT right now.

Lightening my load and the SJW has been helping. Just the other day, my airhead 16 year old didn't shut the shower curtain right and I had water pouring out of my ceiling and I didn't even cry. It must be working!

I am the glue that holds this family together, you are the glue in yours. You HAVE to do whatever it takes to keep yourself going. Maybe you need to give yourself permission to get royally pi$$ed off at the unfairness of your health for a little while, maybe you need an anti depressant, maybe you need to let a few more things slide for awhile, I hope and pray you can find what it is that will make it easier to carry the load you do. (((HUGS)))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey can't say "My Pleasure" in 5 languages -

I think she may be able to say "pleasure me" in 4.

HUGS hon - hope you are feeling better.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Heather,

I am so sorry that you are in such pain. Constantly. I've been thinking about you a tremendous lot and while doing some research for something else I came across something that fits a LOT of what you are experiencing.

Arsenic poisoning. Now - don't go jumping the gun here thinking I'm thinking I am even suggesting someone near to you is doing this - but...I think it would be worth a look at this. Maybe something you are eating, something you worked around that you were sensitive to?

Have you had a test for arsenic poisoning? It can come in so many different things - even your household water. Have you contacted an extension office to have your water tested thoroughly? Have your doctors even considered this?

Maybe in a pesticide, a cleaner - the paint? I dunno - but since we are a group that leaves NO stone unturned....

It was just a thought. A great lot of the symptoms you have described here over the course of time are very similar to the ones you get with poisoning.

I'd hate to think that is what is was - but if it were and you felt better? I'd be forever glad. If you are angry with me - then okay too, but I'd rather say something and get a maybe or a yes we tested, than to keep my thoughts to myself or not point out something that could help.

Hugs
Star

F

flutterbee

You know what, Star...I worked in a very old city building that was damp and musty all the time. Then I worked in an accounting office where the heating and air unit was a good 30 years old and always breaking down. We finally had the carpet replaced - the ORIGINAL carpet - and we all joked that they should be taking it up with haz mat suits.

HOC - I take an AD (lexapro) and lamictal for my depression. If it wasn't for those, I'd be in the fetal position babbling. I have cut back on pretty much anything that isn't a necessity and I tell the kids when I need to be alone. Wynter seems to have little respect for that most of the time. That's why I've been trying to master my super secret hero power of invisibility. It's not working. :tongue:

I woke up in a panic because today was shut off for water and I forgot to pay it. I got the bill out and wrote the check and they were here to shut me off. So, that cost me another $25. But, they were very good and had it back on before I even got home from paying it - and it's only about a 5 minute drive.

And my phone, internet and cable was down til just now. They were working at the pole in my back yard. I kept staring at them hoping it would make them move faster. It didn't work. :rofl: I was starting to twitch.

Thank you for the support, ladies. I just get overwhelmed sometimes and even though I have friends locally, I feel so isolated.

Star...pleasure me? :rofl: I'd send you to the corner, but my room is round and padded. *shrugs*

4sumrzn

Heather,
I'm so sorry you are in so much pain & feeling down. I wish I was closer (if I recall correctly we are a few + hours away from each other. I would help out in a heartbeat ;) I'll be closer that way next week & have family support that way too....if you would like to meet & try to catch a break, I'll do what I can!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
It's hard to be in pain all the time and then on top of it dealing with a difficult child and a teenager easy child. Keeping you in my prayers.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending you gentle gentle hugs and prayers. It may sound bad, but I am jealous of you for the 2 mins on the treadmill. I can't do 1 minute. I am working on doing 30 seconds of exercises 3 times a day. Honest, that is my goal. 30 seconds at a time. Different body sections each time.

I KNOW how much you hate all of it. I think looking at arsenic poisoning may be worthwhile. At the very least you would be able to say "No, it isn't arsenic. What else?".

If you really want something to think about, thank you and his little friend are trying to make up plans for a jet pack. Something to wear like a backpack that would let them fly around.

You can either help think of plans for it, or get a mental image of 2 8yo boys trying to fly around with jetpacks! Esp if you imagine one of htem with wild wavy hair cut into a mullet (he wants a mullet - it is long in back and short on the top, but so wavy that it mostly looks like a birds nest! ROFL, but he likes it.)

Hugs,

Susie

Jena

Wow, i soo s*ck!! How'd i miss this one as well?? Heather I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. I have been there and it stinks, for lack of better words. I can't curse here i've tried so stink will have to do!!! Yes, you totally need to get animals into a large closet so they don't wake you during night, tell Wynter Mom needs a break, and lock yourself in a room for a bit....

Tell me, now i know your going to say what is jen talking about......what are some of your favorite things to do, that really make you happy??

(((hugs))))

Steely

And the cat threw up on my Dansko shoes. The brand new ones that came today.

WHAT the cat threw up on the Dansko's????:mad:
That would have been it for me............vomit from animals on my stuff is most definitely the last straw for me!!!! Especially my nice shoes!

I wish I had some ideas for things to get you out of your funk.

OK. I have one. The Dr XR Ritalin for me about 2 months ago for my depression. I had never, ever heard of Ritalin XR for depression. However, this is the one medication right now that seems to actually lift me out of myself and cause me to function. Could you ask your Dr about something like that to give you energy and a higher level of functioning?

Hugs...........and bad, bad kitty.:faint: