Talked to difficult child's psychiatrist and this is what he said

N

nandz

"I wanted to see him a few more times to go in that direction. Some of his behaviors do point in that direction.
This is a clinical diagnosis although ADOS testing done at certain centers may be helpful. We do not do the ADOS testing in our practice and I can give you referrals for the same. There can be comorbidity with ADHD. Symptoms of Autism are generally distinct from ADHD. Autistic children have marked difficulty with understanding non verbal cues of communication as well as difficulty making age appropriate relationships. Send me a message anytime you have question"

So, his dr is thinking he may be on the spectrum as well. I am having a very hard time coping with this and I guess I would have to wait and see until he does have testing, but it seems as if his psychiatrist is pointing in that direction.

BusynMember

Sounds like it and I wouldn't have a hard time with it at all if I were you. He is still the very same kid today as he will be if you find out he is an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid. Does he have trouble with social cues and making age appropriate relationships? Is his eye contact poor with strangers? Does he seem to have different interests than other kids his age? Any obsessive interests (especially any centering of over-the-top excessive videogame love or computers? Does he seem ok sometimes (especially at home) but odd at other times?

TerryJ2

Actually, I'd prefer that to a few other things I won't name. ;)
It will be okay. Just one step at a time. This whole thing takes mo's and yrs.