Talking about cars and X's....

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Mine came into my office last week, sits down and says I need to borrow 4,500 from you - my car died and I found one but they want cash.

Ummmm, sure, just let me pull out my checkbook X...NOT

Starts to whine...I never ask you for money, but I really need it. When asked why doesn't he go buy a car from a dealer, he says I have no credit. What he doesn't have is bad credit, more like he has never bought anything that he didn't pay cash on, nor does he have any credit cards. I am really surprised he even has a debit card..

I tell SO to pull out the Pennysaver from the trash can, open it up to cars, and tell him look, you can take over payments from this place, no money down - it says "good people with poor credit" - your a good person for no credit. LOL So I take him over to the car lot - X finds two cars that were like 5 or 6,000 with decent milage and not really old.

4 hours later, after some tense discussions with the salesman AND X (who couldn't understand why (1) I don't co-sign, and (2)no, your name is NOT on the house, and I am not signing it over as colleratal, he got his car with a 500 deposit that day. And of course, his insurance expired THAT DAY, so I spent another 5 hours on Saturday on the web looking for cheap insurance for him. Found some and then had to go to the office and fax all of the stuff so he could get his insurance card, or else they were going to charge him 350.00 for a one month binder. I then get a big compliment if I wasn't such a b**ch, he wouldnt have been able to get such a good deal on his car, cause I put that salesman thru h**l. The salesperson was a total whuss, he actually chased my truck down the driveway cause I was not going to play games with the financing and was on my way out of there.

I am amazed X can even navagate thru life. I told him he needs to get a credit card - he asks me how do you do that...sigh..

And today I have a voice mail message saying he is comming over to my office, and needs to borrow 300.00. I have no idea of why he has the idea that I have a lot of spare cash laying around. He says he may not need that much, but wants a cushion just to be on the safe side. The man makes me want to claw at my face..
Shoot, I don't even have a 300 cushion for myself with the holidays upon me..

Marcie

KFld

OMG!! He sounds like a major difficult child. Why would he think you are going to keep supplying him with money?? Doesn't he have a job?

Well, you certainly put yourself out quite a bit for X. Why is it your responsibility to help him navigate life? I hope he is at least appreciative of the advice and the trouble you went to on his behalf.

TerryJ2

Marcie, hold tight. No $ for X.
Repeat as many times as needed.
You spent WAY too much time helping him out the other day.
LOVE the "compliment" about putting the salesman through h*ll! LOL.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Tshirt says

You say bi&^% like it's a bad thing - I've earned every letter~!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Tell your x the next time he calls you'd like to rock him to sleep too. Then go to the river and get a BIG one.

Just don't claw YOUR face dear - turn your wrists 180 degrees when X comes in and claw like your trying to get bark off pine tree.

"Are you SURE you were ever married to him?" haha. My Mom asks me that sometimes and I now answer - I think I was drugged.

:hypnosis:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie. I love you. You know this.

Now......repeat after me.

"no"

LOUDER

"No"

Now...

LOUDER!!!

<span style="color: #FF0000">"NO!!!"</span>

Good job.

Hugs,
Suz

donna723

:rofl:

I've been having my own private little giggle session here, just imaging what I would say if my ex ever came to me and wanted to borrow money!

:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

G

guest3

yes mine is about to lose his license and does not understand why I won't keep the van (which is in his name) which has a $15,000 balance on, and is smashed from one of his drunken bouts. The other car is paid off (and is in my name).

This is why our X's should not be called X's but Y's????????????