Teen daughter is now in residential rehab...

ksm

She called tonight... Sounded good! Today, I talked to the nurse about a prescription that had to be transferred, the nurse has been giving her medications twice a day (because of ruptured ear drum) and said she seemed like she was fitting in and pleasant. The clinician called and said she was participating in groups, and was honest and forthcoming in their private session.

Crossing my fingers! Ksm

Nancy

I cleaned out and painted my daughter's room too. It felt good to get it "sanitized". We had to use her saved education money for rehab. I always felt bad that she didn't have the same start in adulthood that our other daughter had but her choices didn't allow it. I think she regrets it now but it's too late to go back.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
We literally moved when my son was in rehab the second time. It was planned but home sold fast.

I had his room all painted (green walls and gray new sheets and a new comforter. I had some great inspirational posters put up in his room too that I ordered for him.

I was so positive! Yes, I was more committed to it than he was and I'm so very very heartbroken to say it is still going on. Year six.

I am feeling very sad and beaten down today.

You are a great role model and she is so young and I hope she puts her heart and soul into it because that is what it takes.

Nancy

Lol Copa....I wish I had after reading this. No I painted it a blueish-green, soft color. I put a framed picture of the beach on the wall. Now when I walk in there I feel at peace.

by the way I did pick out a pale grey for the bathroom that is next to her room though. Just haven't gotten around to actually painting it yet.

ksm

We visited her on Sunday and she seemed pretty good. There had been lots of excitement in the facility the night before. There was a total of 5 girls there and three ran away. They tried to get her to run away with them.

The place is not a lock down facility but was fairly secure. But if kids run, the staff will not restrain them, but will call the police. My daughter said it was really bad, because they kept telling her to sneak out...kept asking her...don't you want to smoke some dope...

Proud that she didn't run! But it did trigger her to want to use. She called today, upset that two of those three girls were allowed back in! She doesn't feel it was fair that they did that, then come back and get to have the same privileges that she has worked for.

The therapist told me that she will help her file a grievance about the situation. My daughter said the girls are interfering with her recovery. Glad she has found her voice and sticking up for herself,

I am driving back tomorrow and taking her older sister, as she starts a new job this week and will probably not get to visit unless we go tomorrow. Her sister asked for her to come see her.which is good, as they haven't been real close for a while.

I am hoping things settle down on the girls pod. She hates girl drama...and tends to have more guy friends (platonic)

Ksm