Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If I do you have to promise you won't think I'm weird. :916blusher:

Until about 5 or 6 years ago I could stand on my head with no hands. Yep, you read that right, just my head.

I can turn my eyelids wrong side out.

I can fold my tongue back so the tip touches the back of my mouth.

I can catch fish using a cigarette butt as bait. (my brother's nearly killed me, husband won't fish with me :tongue: )

I can walk thru the underbrush in dense woods without making a sound. This soundless walking drives those that know me insane. lol

Although I've never had a hearing issue, I've been able to read lips since I was very little. I don't look at faces/eyes when someone is talking to me, I watch their lips.

I do native american beadwork. I knit. I crochet.

Oh, that reminds me, I was chrocheting lace when I was 6 years old. Taught by a 104 yr old german woman. :D

If I'm in a dead sleep and get even the faintest hint of burning wood I bolt straight out of bed and search for the source. (it would stop happening if my neighbor would stop using his wood burning stove.)

I learned to rollerskate before I could walk well. I know how to dance on skates. I was begged to compete at 16, but refused.

When I was little I used to have tea parties with an old oak tree.

F

flutterbee

I know someone is here long before anyone else sees or hears the car. My kids no longer argue when I tell them "the pizza guy is here, take the check to the door" and the guy hasn't even pulled into the drive yet. I don't hear the car; I feel the vibration. Same way I can tell when someone comes in the house when I'm in the shower.

I can dance in such a way as to make a stripper blush.

I sing. All the time. I was singing along with Jewel (no, not my dog..the singer :tongue:) and my ex-boyfriend told me that I sounded better than her.

I can turn off my emotions when it comes to people, walk away and never look back. Just like flipping a switch.

Andy

I have a psychic connection with my twin sister. I can read her mind - She was able to "call" me twice to pick her up early, very freaky feeling that was! she says she can't read mine because there is nothing to read! WHAT??? :rofl:

I walked into the middle of a swat team exercise - one look at a guy dressed in camoflauge carrying a gun walking toward me and I decided to leave before doing the job I was going to help my friend with.

I had my picture taken with the world famous marching flamingos.

I was making pies from scratch when I was in 3rd grade.

I love paperwork. Yes, those tons of forms that need to be filled out for anything. (one exception - taxes - hate taxes)

O.K. Star, what is yours? Has anyone mentioned it yet?

nvts

My sisters and I would sing as a group at different functions and were once called our towns own "Lennon Sisters".

I can cross my eyes one at a time.

My dream is to be a stand-up comedienne.

I have an uncanny way of finding something funny in just about everything that goes on.

My thumbs bend back at the first joint at almost a 90 degree angle. (My mom used to say that the farther your thumb goes indicates how stubborn you are! - I'm Queen Stubborn).

My father confessed very late in my life that he thought that I should have gone into the entertainment industry (acting) rather than the business world.

I'm pretty boring.

OpenWindow

I can juggle
I used to write poetry
Like Abbey, I can put together a complete website but can't make a remote work

I have some sort of useless ESP. I hear someone honking right before they pull in the driveway and honk. I tell the kids when a friend is arriving right before they get there. I know when the phone is going to ring. I get daja vu all the time when someone is talking to me. When my mom was alive, we would have parallel symptoms (stomach aches at the same time, backaches, etc.) - it also happens with me and my son. I used to do it with my best friend. I used to think it was psychosomatic but it happens even before we are aware of each other's ailments. My symptoms often don't have an explanation and they are never severe even if the other person's is.

KTMom91

Back in the day, I could name every Nancy Drew title when given the number...#3? The Bungalow Mystery. #31? The Ringmaster's Secret.

I love game shows, and will stay up too late to watch "What's My Line?" on GSN. They stopped showing "I've got a Secret", so I get to bed half an hour earlier now.

I sing with the music in the grocery store. Out loud.

N

Nomad

Not sure there is much unusual about me...the only possible exception is that I had a friend once call me a "jack of all trades." In high school I worked a variety of part time jobs to make ends meet. Then later, having my own health issues and trying to juggle those of difficult child, I was forced to find more part time jobs. This led to lots of interesting work. I guess because I can go into "observant" mode at times, they ended up being learning experiences. One of my more "interesting jobs was selling wigs when I was a teenager. I sold them to cancer patients, beauty queens and prostitutes. I got a big kick at the HUGE variation of my clients! ;):tongue::D

donna723

Linda, I think I have the same kind of "useless ESP". I usually know when the phone is going to ring before it actually does, I have a pretty good idea who it is and whether it's good news, bad news, etc. And I'm on my feet heading for the kitchen a few seconds before the oven timer goes off ... stuff like that.

And it's only happened a few times in my life, but I have "heard" the voices of family members in my ear - only the ones I was extremely close to and apparently in moments when they were in great distress. When my daughter was a baby, I was awakened from a sound sleep by my fathers loud voice calling my name right in my ear. He was in Tennessee and I was in Orlando! It prompted me to go visit him with my daughter, and he died less than two days after we returned home! So weird! And when I lived in Tennessee and my daughter had moved back to Orlando to work, I very clearly heard her voice calling, "Mama!" She was having a lot of problems back then and never would tell me what happened, but I know that something did! And the weirdest one of all ... three years ago my son made a suicide attempt and was in the Critical Care Unit in a coma and on a ventilator. He was starting to come around but had developed a bit of pneumonia and they were trying to keep him sedated for a while longer till the pneumonia cleared. I was staying in the family lounge, it was about 2:00 a.m., I was exhausted but wide awake, and I heard someone making this choking, sputtering, angry garbled noise - I knew it was my son. I just sat there and waited for the phone call. And about ten minutes later the CCU was calling to tell me that he had pulled out the ventilator tube (very painful!) and that he was awake and talking! I was in the first floor family lounge and he was in the seventh floor CCU of a huge hospital! But I heard him!

Feel free to insert "Twilight Zone" theme here ....

Other than stuff like that, I'm a very ordinary run-of-the-mill person with no outstanding characteristics at all - I blend in to the wallpaper.

TerryJ2

Wyntersgrace LOL! You made me think of those scenes in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the star's dad makes her date all those men and they come over for dinner.
Teach me how to dance like a stripper!!! (This could be problematic through the dsl line.)

Lessee ... I have a SCUBA lic.; grew up on ice skates in MN, but developed some bad habits and took indoor lessons in VA, made it to beta level; love animals, even bats and buzzards; used to have a crush on Mr. Spock.

P.S. Obviously, I can't count. That was four things. :)

trinityroyal

Let's see...

I can bend my fingers at the first knuckle and bend my elbows at a nearly 90 degree angle the wrong way. When I was younger I used to be able to fold myself up like a parcel...lie on my stomach, do a back bend until my head touched my derriere, and then fold my legs up with my heels on my shoulders.

I can tap dance

I love the process of travel. The little ticket envelopes, train station and airport waiting rooms, hotel lobbies, those funny little shops where you can buy Kerr's boiled sweets.

I don't wear flat shoes EVER. My lowest pair of heels is 3 inches. I wear them when my feet are sore

I have learned over the years that being weird has been an asset to my job, not a liability.

My eyes are very pale green, almost colourless, with a ring of super-dark brown around the outside of the iris. Freaks people out to see those eyes in a dark-skinned face.

When I was bout 5 years old, I read the Oxford English Dictionary. For fun.

Star, we're still waiting to hear yours...

Trinity

busywend

I won a wet t-shirt contest in Ft Lauderdale when I was 18.

I met and kissed Rick Springfield.

I can turn my tongue over.

I can bend the first joint only of my index finger on my left hand.

I have really fat fingers.

everywoman

Wow--Ya'll are some interesting people.

Me---I like to be naked. If it was left up to me, I would never wear clothes again.
I dreamed of being a Rockette---but I was too short and my legs were too chunky.
I married husband after dating for only 3 months (and it's lasted 21 years!)
I have visions---not sure what they mean but I see things before they happen.

F

flutterbee

Wendy, you met AND kissed Rick Springfield??? When I was little, I wanted to marry him.

I was also a HUGE fan of Olivia Newton-John and when I was 8, I wrote her a letter and sent my school picture.

I have been in love one time and it wasn't with either one of my ex-husbands.

I got pregnant with easy child when I was 17 and it wasn't 'on purpose', but it wasn't exactly an accident either.

DDD

I was just sharing some of your responses with easy child/difficult child and said to him "gee, I don't have anything weird to share." His
response was immediate. "Tell them the truth, Mama." ;)

OK. The truth is that I am the loudest burping Mama in existence. How's that for ladylike? I sound like a crude, obese, seven foot man. :surprise:

It only happens is I overeat or eat bread products in the evening. Away from home, lol, I eat ladylike size meals and
never eat pizza/hoagies/ or hot rolls.

This IS a family secret!!!!!!!! DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was just sharing some of your responses with easy child/difficult child and said to him "gee, I don't have anything weird to share." His
response was immediate. "Tell them the truth, Mama." ;)

OK. The truth is that I am the loudest burping Mama in existence. How's that for ladylike? I sound like a crude, obese, seven foot man. :surprise:

It only happens is I overeat or eat bread products in the evening. Away from home, lol, I eat ladylike size meals and
never eat pizza/hoagies/ or hot rolls.

This IS a family secret!!!!!!!! DDD

Oh please! LOL My sisters and I can burp/belch much better than our brother. (Especially the 14 year old!) I guess that's my talent too. In fact when I was younger and skinny, I would do it in public and blame it on my date at the time. I always have dated tall guys so no one ever believed that such a noise could come out of me.

Almost forgot one though....I can wiggle my ears at the same time or one at a time. And I crack my big toes all the time just by moving them a certain way.