Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

crazymama30

As a hobby, (when I have time for one) I like to shoot a bow. Archery. I am pretty good at it too, even went hunting and got a deer. I can hit the bulls eye from 60yds, and hit the target from 80. It is a great stress reliever.

donna723

Pony, I know exactly what you mean about the fur hats! Expecially if the fur hat is almost the same color as their hair! It looks like they're having the ultimate "bad hair day" until you get close enough to realize that it's a hat!

We used to have a funny little guy named Bob that worked with us. On the coldest days, Bob always wore one of those Elmer Fudd hats with the ear flaps. It was blue plaid flannel with little straps that dangled under his chin and swung back and forth when he walked. He knew it looked funny and he didn't care. He wore that hat every winter for years! And now he's transferred to another work location and other people get to enjoy the sight of Bob in his Elmer Fudd hat. We kind of miss him ... and his hat.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh and Bobbie Vinton and the Temptations sung to me when i was like 13, I did not know who they were, but my Mom seems to think it was very special!!!!

pray4rain02

I am a mommy to three babies. Rainy is my 6 year old with a rare brain disorder and she has had 16 brain operations. We have done the Make A Wish trip and she was selected as the kansas champion for Children's Miracle Network 07 where we met President Bush.

Fox is my 4 year old that was recently diagnosed with ODD and ADHD. i am struggling to understand and am looking for support in this group.

Maxwell is my 2 year old that might have some health concerns but is going through testing right now.

All three kids are happy and active and I am blessed by that. My kids alone make me stand out in the "unusual" thing about myself...LOL:angel3:

tiredmommy

Pray4rain02-
Welcome! You don't sound that unusual to us. :winks:

Please head over to our Early Child or General forum and make an introduction post so we will all get to know your family and give you the warm welcome you deserve. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I put cottage cheese on baked beans.

:sick: BBK, I did not need to know that. ewwwwwwwwww :rofl:

As it turns out, I just thought of another one.

When I'm shopping for something like groceries, I can spend every last cent we have on us. Literally. Drives husband up the wall. to the point where he's tested it repeatedly by NOT telling me how much money he has in his wallet. And I still do it. :smug:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
BBK, I second what Lisa said (GAG!) I don't even want to know how you figured out you even LIKED that!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Crazymama that's COOL! difficult child 1 SO loves archery -- I found a practice range close to us where he can go take a walk-in class but he's yet to take me up on the offer to go.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Beth, careful what you ask for! I once signed husband and I up for a line dancing class (pre-kid days)... I think we nearly divorced over THAT experience!

:rofl:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well we have been surviving difficult children, and house reconstruction. I am thinking we might be able to handle it. We will just have to see.

Abbey

Spork Queen
BBK...I just had to vomit after the thought of baked beans with cottage cheese on top. :rolleyes:

Apart...yes, together...NO.

But, I'll give you this - it IS a unique talent. :)

Abbey

Andy

Gcvmom - You can take my difficult child to that archery class - he loves archery also. That and the BB gun sessions were the only reason he stayed in cub scout to attend day camp.

I can play tic-tac-toe in my head. I am very good at Krypto (a math game where you take 5 cards and using each one only once calculate them to the 6th card - I can see the calculation within seconds).

I love taking my kids grocery shopping.

I sing while I work (probably the reason I was given a private office?). Years ago I did have one co-worker who asked me not to hum so much but otherwise no one has said anything since.

I was attacked by a goose one time - I was chasing the goose and babies off the road with a croquet mallet and mommy goose thought I got too close. Just held my shirt with her beak and beat me with her wings - did not get hurt at all. (Our uncle had given us a pair of geese because they would chase him and his family but us girls were not afraid and would just chase them back)

We had animals growing up. We had to put baby kitties up where the dog couldn't get at them because she would take the kittens away from their mom. If a kitty was crying, the dog would come take care of it.

tinamarie1

* I love mayonaise and ketchup mixed together, I have to have that with a burger and fries

* I have only sleep walked (sp?) a few times in my life, one of those times was when we lived on the 18th floor in a condo at the beach and my mom caught me just as I was taking the elevator. I told her I was going out to the movies (In barbie pjs no less, but I did have my purse!)

* I went to school and became a certified EMT, but never even used what I learned..never was an EMT.

* My favorite group growing up was Blondie. I also loved tap dancing. So for fun I would dress up in my tap costume and stand in the drive way tapping and singing "CALL ME..."

donna723

My son is like that! He can remember the name, plot and actors in every movie he's ever seen. He's 27 now and can still remember the secret codes to all the video games he played when he was ten. He can tell you the names of every kid who was in every class that he had all the way through middle school and high school. He's worked in three different auto parts stores and knew from memory darned near every stock number for every part that all three stores carried. But this is the same kid who couldn't remember to bring permission slips home from school or to take the junk out of his pants pockets before putting them in the laundry! Same kid that would wear his jacket to school and then "forget" to bring it home again! Go figure!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Tina,

We had the same stuff growing up! On a good day we'd toss in a bit of horseradich. We called it 'goop.'

We always made it on the cherised day when my mom would make shrimp once or twice a year.

DDD/ JoG...I'm still wondering how a deer smiles. Does he stop dead in his tracks, looks and you and grins? Like...hey there! Please don't shoot me.

Andy...geese are NOT friendly play. They will tear you down in a heart beat.

Abbey

witzend

OK, but Starbie has to join in pretty soon...

I can plan and design a kitchen including measuring cabinets in my head.

I know when dogs and people have to poo. This is more helpful with dogs, but it works out well with children and people who are too shy to go to the restroom. "Do you need to use the bathroom before we leave?"

I know who f-a-r-t-ed from the scent. Including which dog.

I do counted cross stitch.

I have never not come in first in "Name That Tune" no matter where it is being played, or the type of music being played.