Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

MyFriendKita

I didn't think I had anything to tell, but speaking of "smells:"

If I smell anything that stinks :sick: , I HAVE to spit. Like somehow that gets the "bad" smell out of my nose. I'm not gross about it-I spit in the sink or toilet, because I HATE people spitting on the ground-but I don't feel right unless I can spit (which isn't always possible).

meowbunny

I've been in all 50 states and at least have stepped foot on every continent, including Antarctica. I used to run marathons just for the fun of it. The movie "King Kong" makes me cry (either version). I love sci fi, hate romance (book or movie). I had to learn to walk again after a car accident when I was 18. I can crack my jaw the way others crack their knuckles. I know when someone close to me has died before I "officially" hear about it.

witzend

Belching! I totally forgot belching! I am a master belcher. One time we were camping on a lake. It was about 1/2 mile across. I had my morning coffee and let the biggest belch go ever! I swear, it echoed back and we were 50 feet from the water! Of course I said, very loudly, "husband! That was really rude!" I have the Homer Simpson/rattle your lips belch down pat.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay -

Okay do you want the funny non-sense version or the boring real version?

I danced Classical ballet for 10 years.

or

I trecked through the Amazon collecting pictures of pink dolphins with Jacques Cousteau in college?

tiredmommy

I used to do street-based HIV/addiction recovery outreach in my twenties after I suffered the loss of two friends to AIDS.

witzend

:holymoly::rofl::rofl:

Witz...that is when you know they've crossed personal boundaries. Geez...even the dog.

Abbey

Yeah, I even called M on trying to blame the dog one time. I told him I knew what his f-a-r-Tourette's Syndrome smelled like and that was not the dog! He didn't like that. And since then, I have learned that you don't have to actually say everything that comes into your mind, even if it is true. But, obviously, I still have my moments....

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I cried during Old Yeller and had a mad crush on Luke Skywalker as a kid! I even collected starwars toys and trading cards!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
:err: It kind of looks like that without the little sweat thing.

Maybe I can get one of my daughters to look at me long enough to take a picture. They hate it when I smile like a deer.

*Heather, I would love to be able to dance like a stripper. You have to have a lot of confidence, huh?

*Witz, when difficult child was little, she was a real gasbag and no matter what or where, I could tell when it was her or not. One time H tried to blame it on difficult child (because she was always blasting off) and I KNEW it was not difficult child. H asked me how I knew and I said I know what hers smell like and he couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes...lol.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was adopted at 5 and then at 13 re-Adopted by my Bio-Father who had given me up for adoption. The California Judge who resided over it, was just floored, he said he had never seen this happen before!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, I even called M on trying to blame the dog one time. I told him I knew what his f-a-r-Tourette's Syndrome smelled like and that was not the dog! He didn't like that. And since then, I have learned that you don't have to actually say everything that comes into your mind, even if it is true. But, obviously, I still have my moments....

The dog is probably laughing his arse off.

Andy

Abbey, I know normaly geese would attack - that is what was so unusual. My sisters and I were not afraid of the geese. They must have sensed that or something. We stood up to them from day one and they never hurt us. I was the only one with a "weapon" in hand that day to chase the babies off the road - my sisters just chased them. I think that is why the goose thought I was a bigger threat. I know if it was a wild goose it would not have had a happy ending. While I was on my back with goose on top, I was not afraid, just yelling for my sisters to help get it off. But then again, we had strange animals. Geese that wouldn't hurt us, a horse that ate radishes and would jump the fence to go up to the neighbors, a dog that thought it was the kitties mommy, another dog that would let anyone on our property and in the house if we were NOT home but if we were home, you better not get out of the car.

Andy

Just thought of something else - I am very good at finding things. Also good at seeing things - my neighbor was surprised that I actually saw her dog just as it walked out in front of me one night. She watched as I did not hit her dog and knew that anyone else coming down that road would not have seen it.

We lived on 80 acres and when the cow would loose her bell, dad would send us kids out to find it. It was always me that found that. Anything lost, I would usually be the one to find it.

I went hunting with husband one year and could always spot the antelope before he did.

I also have an excellent sense of direction but only during day light. Dad took us out blueberry picking when we were young. We picked in a forest and after an hour walking in almost a circle, dad asked if we knew how to get back to the car. He knew where it was and wanted to test our ability to pay attention to where we were. I led him the opposite direction as most people would have gone and straight to the vehicle. I could sense we had walked in a circle and not a straight line so we didn't need to turn around. He was impressed and proud. Someone said I reminded them of their horse - go out all day and let the horse find its own way back.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay -

Okay do you want the funny non-sense version or the boring real version?

I danced Classical ballet for 10 years.

or

I trecked through the Amazon collecting pictures of pink dolphins with Jacques Cousteau in college?

Okay, I give. Which one's the nonsense version?

Andy

GCV - Don't you remember reading about the pink dolphins found in the rainforests of the Amazons years ago? The story was in the National Geographic. They were on the dangered species list. Jacques reported that his young college assistant was the best assistant he had in years. She was so adventurous - if it wasn't for her, they would have been unable to get those awesome pictures of pink dolphins now highlighted on school folders and note books.

:rofl:

Then again, Star and classical ballet? Maybe, just maybe!

Hmmmmmm Maybe I just dream about the pink dolphin story? Or just made it up? Who knows?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Witz " so you can hang with the dogs by butt sniffing. That's weird.

ILoveMySon " Pardon Moi….but what are we if we aren't 'real life'? Mashed taters????

This is a hoot.

I don't eat condiments. No Ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing, etc. Ewwww. But if I'm home ahone in the privacy of my own house, I'll use applesauce as a replacement for just about all of those (chips in apple sauce, dip a grilled cheese in it, dip fish sticks in it…..basically anything.)

My nephew has 2 thumbs.

I told my mom at Thanksgiving that my grandma would not be with us for Christmas. She died on December 21 in her home of a massive stroke as she walked down her hallway. The next year, I told her that my other grandma would not be spending another Christmas with us, but it was a different feeling " she wasn't going to die. She, too, suffered a stroke within 2 months and has been in a nursing home since with no interest in joining the family for holidays.

I like to make sequined and beaded Christmas stockings.

I stole Kevin Ritz's, pitcher for the Colorado Rockies, little sister's boyfriend in high school.

I was in the pasture in gum boots, a t-shirt, and my undies trying to catch running horses while one was attacked by what was deemed by the state to be a cougar.