Tennessee folks - Stupie Award for the Day

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ok, so we have 1 car, 1 tv and 3 people. Am I the only one wondering why a tv and ONE person can't both fit in the back seat of a car?????

donna723

I hope you know, there is A LOT of competition for this award, and NOT just here in Tennessee ... we do have our share though.

A friend at work told me this story about a trip to WalMart she made with her two youngest daughters (2 and 3 at the time) and her elderly (but feisty) mother ... this was back before the car seat laws. Her mother had a doctors appointment and on the way home they stopped in Wal Mart before they made the two hour drive home. They split up in the store but before she was done with her shopping, she saw her mom wrestling two HUGE plastic garbage cans through the checkout line! She told her mother that they wouldn't fit in her small trunk and there was no room for them in the back seat with the kids along - she'd have to put them back and they'd get them next time when she could bring her husband's truck. She went on and finished her shopping, assuming that her mom had put them back. She didn't see her when she checked out so she rolled her cart out with her purchases and the two little girls ... and there was her mother standing in front of the store with a defiant look on her face and a big plastic garbage can on either side of her! She had already ripped off all the labels and the store wouldn't take them back. Rather than leave the two expensive garbage cans, she stood them up in the back seat, wedged in with the seat belts around them, and one little girl in each garbage can! There was no other way and they drove all the way home that way. Her kids are grown now with kids of their own, and they still remember that ride home as one of the greatest times they ever had!

This is the same family who once drove home sixty miles on the interstate with all four windows wide open, their arms extended up, holding on for dear life to the big plastic swimming pool on the roof of the car that Grandma bought because she thought the kids should have one!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Donna!! That is too funny. And see, I can say that because I did the swimming pool one myself. Not that far, but when you're trying to hold onto the darn thing it sure seems like it!!!

That was husband's brilliant idea. There was never a second time.