Tent, No More! Update to end all my updates!

JMom

So J turned 25 yesterday. He showed up in his new (used) truck he bought for himself. He earned his driver's license back and had the biggest smile on his face. He wanted to go to Hibachi. The friend he had with him kept asking the chef for sake. I didn't know it, but apparently if you ask for sake, they squirt it, very liberally into your mouth. The chef then tried to put it in J's mouth and he turned his face away and said "no way man, I will be driving".

He winked at me and said even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have, out of respect for you. I am so happy that he worked so hard to get his driver's license back. He is making better choices. It was so cute, when he knew he was picking up the truck, he went and got a hair cut and some new very nice clothes. He normally dresses in sweat pants, but he wore cowboy boots, ironed jeans and a button up shirt. After lunch he had to go because he asked a girl out on a date and wanted to pick her up in his truck.

I could tell that he was very proud of himself. We were all proud. Oh and the icing on the cake is that his job gave him a $1 raise. Doesn't sound like much, but it was a win for him.

Thanks all for circling your wagons. Please, if your Difficult Child's are under 25, there just might be light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a rough road, but he has miraculously pulled himself out of the hellish life he was living. I've had ppl comment that boys go crazy in their teens and then grow up around 25. I didn't believe it at the time and it seemed like such a long wait. That was 5 years ago, seemed like yesterday.

Hugs and high fives!

Jmom

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
JMom: So happy for you and J! I hope he continues down this good path.

My son is 24 and doing way better than he ever has been. Working and in college full time for Computer Networking.

He still lives at home but when he gets his degree he will be moving into his own place. I cannot wait for that day.

While usually things are pretty good, he does not do a lot of things the way I think he should and I don't want to run his life but it's hard when they are under your nose.

I also have heard that age 25 is the golden age.

By the way I read your book. It was very good ;-)

Blindsided

Face the Sun
So J turned 25 yesterday. He showed up in his new (used) truck he bought for himself. He earned his driver's license back and had the biggest smile on his face. He wanted to go to Hibachi. The friend he had with him kept asking the chef for sake. I didn't know it, but apparently if you ask for sake, they squirt it, very liberally into your mouth. The chef then tried to put it in J's mouth and he turned his face away and said "no way man, I will be driving".

He winked at me and said even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have, out of respect for you. I am so happy that he worked so hard to get his driver's license back. He is making better choices. It was so cute, when he knew he was picking up the truck, he went and got a hair cut and some new very nice clothes. He normally dresses in sweat pants, but he wore cowboy boots, ironed jeans and a button up shirt. After lunch he had to go because he asked a girl out on a date and wanted to pick her up in his truck.

I could tell that he was very proud of himself. We were all proud. Oh and the icing on the cake is that his job gave him a $1 raise. Doesn't sound like much, but it was a win for him.

Thanks all for circling your wagons. Please, if your Difficult Child's are under 25, there just might be light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a rough road, but he has miraculously pulled himself out of the hellish life he was living. I've had ppl comment that boys go crazy in their teens and then grow up around 25. I didn't believe it at the time and it seemed like such a long wait. That was 5 years ago, seemed like yesterday.

Hugs and high fives!

Jmom
This is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your joy.

newstart

Hugs and high fives!

Jmom

Jmom, I just said a prayer of gratitude for you, your family and for your son. I actually felt relief as I read your post. I pray that he stays on track and continues to get better and better. Amen.

JMom

JMom: So happy for you and J! I hope he continues down this good path.

My son is 24 and doing way better than he ever has been. Working and in college full time for Computer Networking.

He still lives at home but when he gets his degree he will be moving into his own place. I cannot wait for that day.

While usually things are pretty good, he does not do a lot of things the way I think he should and I don't want to run his life but it's hard when they are under your nose.

I also have heard that age 25 is the golden age.

By the way I read your book. It was very good ;-)
Thank you RN! I hope you got the correct copy. The first one was published under a pen name GC. If you got the 2nd published, it was by RMB

JMom

Thank you RN! I hope you got the correct copy. The first one was published under a pen name GC. If you got the 2nd published, it was by RMB
So happy for you and your son! Computer tech is a great way to go!

ckay87

I so understand your joy. We want so badly for them to have a taste of self-earned successes. Even if they are small, I think it helps them get an appetite for more.

I'm so happy to hear all of this and dearly hope that he continues on this path.

200Meters

A real bustard
JMom said:
Please, if your Difficult Child's are under 25, there just might be light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a rough road, but he has miraculously pulled himself out of the hellish life he was living. I've had ppl comment that boys go crazy in their teens and then grow up around 25. I didn't believe it at the time and it seemed like such a long wait. That was 5 years ago, seemed like yesterday.

From your mouth to G-d's ears. You are giving me hope; thank you!

JMom said:
Hugs and high fives!

Indeed. This is great news.

JMom

Thank you all for sharing in my joy. I don't know why I said : "If your Difficult Child is under 25", heck I know addicts that didn't start using until they were 25. They can all overcome. We just have to wait it out, lol.