Terry, how are you

crazymama30

I am thinking of you. husband's tonsilectomy went well, he is doing good. Already ate a bowl of ice cream. They did give him liquid dilaudid, so that should help.

Hope you are doing well.

TerryJ2

Thank you. I'm glad your husband's tonsillectomy went well. I don't hear of a lot of adults having that procedure. I hope the soreness goes away quickly.

I took 1/2 a Xanax b4 I went to the periodontist, and actually fell asleep during the procedure. They had to keep telling me to open my mouth wider. :tongue: B4 it kicked in, I was pretty tense, and my lower back and wrists got the worst of it. The asst put a pillow under my knees halfway through.
I hated the Novocaine injections (especially in the roof of my mouth) but hey, it's better to have it than not!

I zoomed over to Macy's to fill out the paperwork directly after the periodontist appointment, b4 the Novocaine wore off. I used their computer, which had a row of fluorescent lights overhead in a cabinet, and I stood up and slammed my head into it so hard, it hurt more than my jaw! That's one way to forget about gum surgery! :faint:

I took two Tylenol #3 after I got home, and fell asleep, and everything wore off around 4:30. I think. It could have been some other time, LOL! But I was very cranky and sore and could feel my pulse in my gums.
I had lots of weird dreams, too. easy child and I were supposed to be on a relaxing vacation while my stitiches healed, and she made me go to this huge waterpark and she ended up signing up for every position they had--lifeguard, marching dance band--and I had just had stitches and had a neck brace (funny how real life sneaks into your dreams). I kept telling her I wanted to go home and she wouldn't listen. :mad::laugh:
After I woke up (for real) difficult child brought some rice pudding upstairs for me, and my cousin sent flowers and difficult child put them by my bed. :)
easy child called Macy's for me, because I was very sore and cranky, and she told them I would not be in for training tomorrow but I'd probably be in on Wed.
by the way, training is pretty silly, since I have virtually no customer contact to speak of. It's a requirement by corporate, though. I'm one of those people you see way high up on ladders, stringing garlands, and pinning red and green bras on mannequins. :redface:

These stitches are very distracting; very stiff. It's hard to imagine that they will dissolve in a few days. My lower rt jaw is very swollen, and the lymph node is really swollen, too. (More info than you wanted, I'm sure. :) )
husband made me miso soup for dinner but the seaweed kept getting stuck under the edge of my retainer so I just had the broth.

Thanks again for asking. Gotta go ice now.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((Terry)))

Doesn't sound like fun. Had to lol at the dream though. Sounds like it went well. I hope you heal quickly and the pain medications continue to work well. :)

Andy

Two Tylenol #3? See, I told you it sounded like a Tylenol 6 procedure!

Falling asleep during the procedure reminds me of my labor with easy child - The nurses kept telling me to stay awake (I was in the last stages of labor). How can anyone fall asleep during labor? I didn't think I was but the nurse kept trying to make me more alert.

Ouchy on the head! Couldn't you have waited until another day (like when you were completely healed?) to do that? :faint:

So, you get cranky when you are in pain! And isn't it just like our kids? Even when we are sick they don't see our needs just that we need to keep going full force to help meet them. And even in your dream, you supported easy child's job hunting even if you couldn't keep up.

Training does sound important - never know when a customer will climb up the ladder to ask if they can help you decorate. LOL!

And you were told liquid diet for a reason. Did you really think seaweed could pass for a liquid because it lives in water? (just kidding you know)

Sounds like you are going to survive this. But then again, how could you not? Warrior Moms can survive anything! GO GIRL GO!

TerryJ2

Andy, I think they call that Twilight Sleep. It's a very deep sleep that only lasts 30 sec. Very weird but very common.

Actually, I did have customers stop at the ladder and ask me for help when I did this a cpl yrs ago. I'd have my mouth full of pins, a hammer in one hand, sweat dripping down my brow, and they'd think I was just going to hop down and shop with-them. Smiling with-a mouthful of pins is not easy. (It's sort of like oral surgery, LOL.)

Yeah, I guess seaweed isn't a liquid ...

Funny that I was supporting easy child's activities even when I couldn't keep up. I hadn't bothered to analyze it. Hmmm...

I'd be fine with-difficult child being cranky when he's in pain, if he would just admit it and be verbal about it. He's getting there. Maybe by the time he's 21 he'll be able to verbalize what's going on in his body. Sigh.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I have fallen asleep during root canals...
Heal quickly. Take your time and leave the stitches alone!

F

flutterbee

You must have been relaxed! I, for one, have never fallen asleep during a dental procedure and don't foresee that happening ever. LOL

Two Tylenol 3??? :faint: They make me hallucinate. I am impressed that you took 2 and still managed an extremely coherent post. :you_go_girl:

Here's to a speedy recovery! :wine:

***author notes that wine IS a liquid and therefore should be part of the liquid diet

TerryJ2

Thank you all.

Now my schedule is messed up because I slept so much today.

Thanks for the wine suggestion, Heather. I think I'll try it later in the wk. I'm worried that it will sting.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm worried that it will sting.

Maybe, although with 2 pain medications down you I doubt you'd feel it. And alcohol kills bacteria. (although I don't recommend it with the pain medications. ;) )

trinityroyal

Terry, glad to hear that the procedure went well and that you're recovering.
Those pain-medication dreams can be a bit freaky, can't they.

Training! Although, I can't say I'm surprised that people will ask you for help even when you're up a ladder with a mouthful of pins and a hammer in your hand. People seem to get so intent on their shopping sometimes, that they lose track of everything else around them (including their own common sense)

I think Heather's suggestion of wine is a good one too. Bailey's Irish Cream is also a liquid, and it's smooth and creamy and less likely than wine to sting. Might make a good alternate.

Hope everything heals nicely and the stitches melt away soon.

Trinity

Andy

Trinity is right. Baileys would be oh so wonderful!

And Daisy is right - better not have it with your medications so I am first in line to come over and help with the Baileys.

:rofl: :wine:

p.s. I still have one or two individal ones in the fridge from last New Year's Eve - it is really the only alcholic beveridge I like and I only drink it Christmas Eve through New Year's Eve.

TerryJ2

Oooh, I love that stuff. I gave it up a cpl yrs ago when I found out how many calories it has.
I also discovered that a small margarita has about 600 calories, vs a glass of white wine, which is about 200.
Middle age is the pits, ya know?

I was awake all night. These medications are weird. I'd fall asleep for 2 secs, then wake up again. Finally got up at 5:30, took more medications, and iced. Saw the kids off at 7:45. Everyone was as surprised as I was that I was up!

My jaw is so swollen I look like a puffer fish.

Terry,

I'm so glad to hear that it went as well as could be expected. Be diligent with your icing, it will make all the difference. difficult child got tired of holding an ice bag to his head so he devised a "holder" with an ace bandage. He wrapped it around the bag and his head vertically and horizontally. LOL ... We called him the mummy for a couple of days!

Hang in there, and good luck with the job...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!

The last root canal I had? My dentist said to her tech "Well this is a first. Star has had her mouth open for nearly an hour and had nothing to say."

WHOT?

Sorry about your banged up head.....got a chuckle out of your sense of humore over it. What a good sport!

Hugs

TerryJ2

I like the ace bandage idea. Now, to find one somewhere in the house ...

Too funny, Star.

Don't you hate it when dentists ask you a Q when your mouth is full of tools? I think they do it on purpose.

"So, how are the kids?"

AGfsmslmmmffble.

"That's good to hear. Let me know if anything hurts."

Actjsmsmmmffbble. PPfffft!

TerryJ2

Last night I was miserable. I felt like I was on fire. Fire ants all over my neck and jaw. Better today, but still aching and ouchie.
And I have to go to a 3-hr training session at Macy's. I'm bringing Tylenol #3, teabags, and tapioca pudding with-me.
Tomorrow has GOT to be better.