test test

twistedfrog

the next few days are going to be a test!!

difficult child got her electronic braclet off today. wonder how she is going to act. the first thing she did when we got home was go to the part for about an hour. she says she now understands how someone feels that has been in jail and finally get to go free.

i just hope it made enough of an impact that she will stop and think before she does something foolish again. they told her it won't go back on. she messes up again and she will be going to see the judge.

twistedfrog

From your lips to God's ears!

I hope, as you do, that this has been a lesson for the future.

Sharon

*nods* i hope so too. she is still set on joining the military. i think i will have her uncle and grandfather talk to her. a recruiter would make it all sound like a cake walk. if she can be talked out of it, then she really don't want it. she did ask her p.o. about it today. she was wondering if being on probation could keep her out. sarah (p.o) said as long as she if off probation she wouldn't have a problem. *shrugs* if nothing else it gives her something to work for.

busywend

I hope she learned.

I say encourage the enlisting - even if only for the next 2 years. If there is something that will get her to work towards staying out of trouble - go for it!

meowbunny

There are worse ideas than enlisting -- getting pregnant to have someone love her, standing on street corner or stripping to earn a living come to mind. Personally, at this time, I wouldn't have anyone talk to her that is discouraging the idea. Let's face it, she's 16, she'll change her mind about future goals 20 times before she is 18 and, if she doesn't, then maybe it is the right choice for her.

twistedfrog

There are worse ideas than enlisting -- getting pregnant to have someone love her, standing on street corner or stripping to earn a living come to mind. Personally, at this time, I wouldn't have anyone talk to her that is discouraging the idea. Let's face it, she's 16, she'll change her mind about future goals 20 times before she is 18 and, if she doesn't, then maybe it is the right choice for her.

ya know i didn't think of it that way, but you make a very good point.