TG Stuffing

BusynMember

Thanks, Copa. We are actually pretty set because we have verizon. It is RN who needs help!!

I love sweet potatoes!! My best friend forever/sister who isinow an angel s us to make a sweet potato pie with brown sugar. It was great! I so miss Thanksgiving with her and her amazing family....

CareTooMuch

Inspired by Caretoomuch I found this recipe. It sounds like just what you are looking for Nomad.

Rosemary Focaccia Stuffing with Pancetta

• Level: Easy
  • Total: 1 hr 30 min
  • Prep: 45 min
  • Cook: 45 min
  • Yield: 8 to 10 servings

Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish

8 ounces pancetta, diced

1 onion, finely chopped

5 stalks celery, finely chopped

1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)

1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

4 cups low-sodium chicken or turkey broth

2 large eggs

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

6 cups 1/2 -inch stale rosemary focaccia cubes (about 10 ounces)

6 cups 1/2 -inch stale ciabatta bread cubes (about 10 ounces)

8 ounces fontina cheese, diced

2 tablespoons fat from the turkey drippings (or butter)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)

Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and butter a 3-quart baking dish. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
  2. Melt the remaining 6 tablespoons butter in the skillet, then add the onion, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, sage, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
  3. Whisk the eggs and parsley in a large bowl. Add the focaccia, ciabatta, pancetta, vegetable-broth mixture and fontina; stir until combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with the turkey drippings (or dot with butter); sprinkle with the parmesan.
  4. Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until golden, about 30 more minutes.
Cook’s Note
You can assemble this stuffing the day before - keep in the fridge until baking.
Yum! That looks totally decadent.