TGIF-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

I don't ever remember being happier for it to be Friday! It isn't work, I'm just so tired that I'm looking forward to a nap this Sunday-probably no time for one tomorrow.

After work today difficult child has a therapist appointment and then at some point we will go to the health club :smile:

I hope everyone has a peaceful free choice Friday :dance:

by the way, my free choice is that I find a way to squeeze in a nap before going to the health club tonight :hawaii_girl:

Thanks for the new icons-they are great! :woohoo:

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Happy Free Choice Friday Sharon and all to follow!

Wow! There are so great new icons this morning! Thanks Cheryl!

Sharon, this was your first week back to school - we started back last Wednesday. So this first week probably felt reeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyy long to you. Hope you get your :sleeping:s in!

Lots of little things on the schedule today. Need some fruit at the grocer, need some stuff at the drug store, need to put laundry away, need to run the vacuum downstairs, etc...... I think today will be a good day to sit down and read a little :reading:

Wishing everyone a great Free Choice Friday :woohoo:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon - I'm with you. This seems to have been one of the longest weeks in record. I hope you're planning at least a nap a day over the weekend.

TGIF! :woohoo: Respite today @ 3 pm. :woohoo: Need I say more?

I've been up all evening working on a watercolor & I cannot seem to get the background glaze the way I'd like it. I finally gave up & began dusting & straightening the living & dining rooms. I'll get back to it later this morning.

I begin physical therapy this morning :treadmill: but I have a feeling I won't be doing treadmills anytime soon.

Hoping to meet up with Coookie sometime tomorrow - still working out the logistics from this end. Just gonna have to give the woman a call & name a time/place.

"hi" if you snuck in.

Here's to a fabulous Friday - free choice & all. No frowns, funny business or felony behaviors out of our difficult children allowed. :please:

wakeupcall

Good Morning, everyone. difficult child has been behaving strangly...some good, some not so good, some just different. I don't know what to think of it, but it's the weekend and maybe all of it will work itself out. I'm SO ready for him to grow up a little! Have a good day, everyone!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning, haven't been on the morning thread in a while.

Sharon, hope you find time for that nap.

Sharon, hope you get the things done you plan on and have time to read.

Linda, glad you get respite, and hope physical therapy is kind to you.

Pamela, hope you get a break from the strangeness.

After I get back from work I am supposed to get husband up no later than noon. We are going to paint the bathroom. Will we ever get this room done? I hope so. Painting is one step closer at least. Then we will see how the rest of it comes together. If we get this room done at least then I can say one down 11 to go. Ah well slow and steady wins the race right????

Morning to anyone that snuck in.

beth

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Wiped/Sharon, maybe you need to get some extra sleep INSTEAD of the gym once in a while?

LDM/Sharon, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. I hope you have a good book at the ready for when you've done it all.

Linda, sometimes you need to walk away from your art so when you get back to it you have fresh eyes. It's like doing a jigsaw puzzle - you can be staring at it for hours and be stuck, but as soon as you come back after a break, you can see several pieces and where to put them. Good luck with the physical therapy, I hope it's not too tiring.

Pamela, I hope you can get a handle on difficult child's odd behaviour soon.

Beth, what colour are you painting the bathroom? It's good to be doing something together with husband.

It's been an interesting evening here, refereeing between husband & easy child 2/difficult child 2. She gets really worked up and easily upset especially in the evenings and expects everyone to make allowances. But husband is also tired and takes even longer to say what he needs to say. between him trying to sort things out and her getting impatient with him and cutting him off, then getting upset when he kept talking (and in her mind, 'interrupting' her) I just wanted to bang their heads together. Not that it would do any good.

difficult child 3 & I got to the beach a little earlier today, difficult child 3 has a trace of sunburn. I'm hoping he will brown up by tomorrow so I can go back to the beach. He is benefitting from the exercise and the time out in the sun.
My friend who works during the week usually is ready on the weekend for a swim together and a chat while lying on the beach - maybe if she's home tomorrow we can relax together. Beach is good therapy. Maybe I can throw a few sand balls or something. Or I could do some weeding. Killing some nuisance plants is also good therapy.

The weather is getting hotter, but still pleasant. Water incredibly warm but the recent turbulence has churned up some seaweed, so the water isn't as crystal clear as it has been. Very choppy.

I've got a few jobs to do in the morning, at the local shops. Then some sewing - making difficult child 3 some new beach pants, finishing off my skirt. If it's too hot I'll have to leave it, my sewing machine is in a room which heats up a lot on hot days. But there's always plenty to do.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Sharon, I hope you get time for a nap, not only today, but also Saturday as well as Sunday!!! :sleeping:

Sharon, Thank you - By reading about all the errands you need to run, it reminded me that I need to pick up difficult child 1's medications at the pharmacy today. :surprise: Just thinking about running out of difficult child 1's medications is enough to make me break out in hives!!! :nonono:I hope you get to enjoy some time to yourself so you can get to your reading :reading:...

Linda, If you want to do some extra cleaning, you're welcome here!!! :rofl: As I remember reading in one of Janet's posts, she said it looked like her "house threw up on itself." :rofl: ( Well, she said something like the above anyway.) I guess this is the best way to describe my house this morning... :rofl: I promise to make you pots and pots of :coffee: and whatever you want for breakfast :rofl: I'll just keep dreaming... ENJOY RESPITE!!!

Pamela, I hope your difficult child is a perfect :angel: this weekend!!! Okay, I know I'm asking for a bit too much...BUT, I hope he is good enough so you get a bit of time to yourself... :bath: :flower: :reading:

Beth, I hope you get the bathroom painted today!!! :painter: I know you'll feel much better when the bathroom is completed. It's surprising what a fresh coat of paint can do... Your house is a work in progress...Just think of it as untapped potential... :painter: Ok, enough - I think I'm losing it this a.m. :hammer:

I just LOVE all the new icons. And, I'm especially happy to get my favorite :beach: back!!! :woohoo: These are my new personal favorites - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beach_ball.gif :swimming: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/picnic.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bbq.gifYes, I'm thinking lots of sunshine and warmth... Maybe a bit of a tropical vacation??? :hawaii_girl:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

aeditha17

Firt time in the am thread...
Good morning!
I am about to do the school drop off thing - I hate this part.
Let's cross our fingers that Tab doesn't scream when I leave like yesterday! argh
I have my whole house to clean this weekend, but it's kinda like therapy to me. I am even cleaning the carpet (new dog - just figured out you go potty outside, not in the playroom!).
Have a great weekend all!!!!

Brandi

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. Sounds like a full week for everyone. I am definitely not in top form energy wise. :bloodshot:
I'm hoping the weekend will bring some reprieve. :coffee: Coffee just isn't cutting it.

difficult child is handling things but it is early days of vocational evaluation.

Sending good thoughts to those of you who are struggling. :flower: