TGIF-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday!!

We had a beautiful day yesterday, I even got in an extra walk because I took a power walk at lunch!

I'm feeling very tired and have a long day ahead. After work we are having a lock-in for our students (only the oldest grades). It's from 6-10. We are having it to raise $ for our two students who lost their mom over spring break. I'm going to be running a game of Horse. The last hour and a half we are having a sock hop. There will also be a movie for those not wanting to dance.

This should be a lot of fun. Just wish I didn't have to work tomorrow at 6:15!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- It does sound like a long day but the school staff and students are kind to throw the benefit.

Not a whole lot today... I have a little ironing this morning then I work a half day in fifth grade.

I'm hoping for an uneventful evening. Duckie took a weird turn during a forward head roll at gymnastics and twisted her neck a bit. She gave me quite the scare and we nearly ended up a the ER. Things settled down and I realized she was just shook up and not complying. A little ice and heat (plus some Motrin) and she was better before bedtime. There was a scary few minutes though!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Sharon (WO), You're definitely in store for a long one! At least it is for an excellent reason and sounds like fun. I hope you get a chance to rest after work tomorrow!

TM, How scary!!! What a relief that Duckie is ok!!! I'm glad you don't have too much on your agenda for today. I haven't ironed in... I can't even remember how long... I think I'm allergic to irons!!!

The sun is out this morning:sunny::smiles:!!! It was supposed to rain through the weekend but where I live the weather can change faster than difficult children's moods. I'm soooooooooooooooo glad to see the sun!!! I'm planning on a short jog this morning. I have to work.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today:coffee: WFEN

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - I am tired just thinking of your lock in. It will be a good time for the kids.

Tired - Those neck injuries do get very scary! Glad she is better!

Wishing - Enjoy the sunshine!

Nothing much on the agenda for today. I will work my extra hour and go from there. I do have my extra duty at work that came in so should start on that.

Bowling was fun last night. I held my own. difficult child's bowling buddy and dad happened to be put with us last night and the mom came out to watch so that was a fun way to start the league. When Buddy noticed I had gotten a strike he said, "A got a strike? When did she do that?" I told him when everyone was sleeping because I couldn't even get difficult child's attention when I did that. So, when it was my turn again, I asked Buddy to close his eyes so I could get another one but he said "Nope". I actually did get another one at that turn also.

I think we get put with different teams each of the next 8 weeks though it would be fun for the boys if we could stay together.

difficult child was barely breaking 100 for those three games. His ball was not cooperating. After others left, we stayed for four more games. On one of those games, he stated he was going for a "clean game" meaning all strikes and spares. He came very close in one game (184 total).

We also found out that for the month of June, we have both bowling and baseball games on Thursday night. We will tell baseball coach that bowling comes first especially since it is a parent/child activity.

Everyone have a great day today and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. Sorry to be out of touch for so long.

Wiped out, your schedule is grueling. Hope things go smoothly and you have fun.
TM what a scary situation! I'm glad Duckie feels ok. I always had a breathless moment when my kids were injured. I thought how normal to put our kids in activities and not really thinking of the possible dangers. Of course, then we would end up putting them in a bubble but that shadow of guilt would cover me when there was an injury.

WFEN, hope you enjoy your weather.

Andy, your bowling sounds wonderful. I can barely get the ball down the alley. I am definitely not a natural athlete. Good for you for getting a strike and shame on those who didn't even give you a cheer. You showed them!!!

Things at Mrs Fran household are going along pretty well. The Texas mess is slowly untangling but it will still be some time before I will be done with it. Sigh.
difficult child is doing well. He was approved for some additional services. I'll post a separate update.

easy child has been accepted to a college in Florida for his sophomore year. Not our choice but a good school and fits with his life plan. I'll update on another thread.

My sweet Honeysue was put down to rest about 5 wks ago. It's been a tough adjustment for me and especially her brother Cowboy. He has never been without her and seems pretty lost. I had hoped three weeks at the beach would help both of us. He got sand fleas and I just tried not to feel the loss. Consequently, we are going to pick up another rescue pyr tomorrow. He was neglected and needs to be fattened up(my favorite job) and taught that he has a right to a warm bed and good food and a loving family. First Cowboy has to approve. Wish us luck tomorrow. It's a long drive to meet him but I think it will make our home less sad.

Spring has hit our part of the world. The flowers are all a bloom and life is settling down. At least it shouldn't be too bad for the month of May but it is early days yet.

Hope you all have a good weekend.