TGIF-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

First official teacher day back to work; I really need to get to bed earlier!

Not doing much after work; hopefully I'll get to the health club at some point and who knows maybe early to bed?

Linda-I'm still praying and keeping you and kt in my thoughts-hope she is found very soon.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Wiped out. Good luck in your next year of teaching. Hopefully there will be a few less difficult child's in your class.
Enjoy your new figure. I bet you look like a million bucks.

I'm happy it's Friday. I have a long list of things to do so I should get going.
difficult child is visiting with my family. My baby brother, baby sis, mother, middle sis and 2 nephews and a niece are all keeping him busy. He is so much more enjoyable than when he was an adolescent. Everyone is excited at the sweetness that is showing itself again.

easy child seems to be settling in to his new dorm and school. Hopefully life will settle down in another week or two. It would be nice to have a bit of a routine for everyone.

Have a happy Friday.

maril

Happy Friday! Sharon - hope all goes well today! Fran - thanks for sharing your positive news; good to hear. I agree that having a routine helps (a lot :D).

I have much to do today, too, and need to get away from the computer and get started (off work today but have lots to do around the house before I go to difficult children FB game later today).

Here's to a peaceful and enjoyable weekend for all.

Andy

Very TGIF Morning
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Enjoy your 1st day back. What an exciting day it will be. Good thing you don't have plans for tonight - you can put all your focus into school.

Fran - I hope you get your to-do list done.

Maril - Your child's FB game is a great way to end a busy day - escpecially if they win.

I am putting off going to work today. I usually try to go in early and do need extra hours this pay period to get paid for the extra job I did. However, I woke with a headache (it has been coming on) so will go in at 8:30 when expected.

Yesterday afternoon/evening difficult child and I spent at the High School. The 7th and 8th graders are housed one wing of the HS while a new building is under construction. difficult child learned how to handle his locker combination and we went through his schedule so many times that I know I must have lost 20 lbs. None of the classes are close to each other. However, his last class is across from his locker so that will be a good thing. On the last "walk through", he left me in the dust as he ran through it.

Once the back parking lot and drive are reopened, I will be able to drive up to the Homework Help class at 4:00. I am going to encourage him to use that as much as possible. We know how hard find time at home is for home work - very much impossible - I hate that kids have homework.

I was asked twice yesterday to expand my hours at work. I turned them down twice. As much as I would love a larger pay check and now facing free afternoons to work longer, I don't want to get into that. I told my supervisor that I am having a hard time finding the 6 hours per month to do Pharmacy and Lab bills (I do them, I just can't find the extra hours to make up for the time away from my other duties). I think I would be using more vacation and sick leave if I expanded my hours. Right now, I am able to make up hours missed.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope you have a great day (and a great year). I just want to take a moment to thank you and all the teachers out there that work so diligently with our kids. :thumbsup:

Fran- I'm glad to hear that difficult child is having such a positive visit. I also hope your to-do list isn't so long that you can't squeeze a little relaxation in there.

Maril- I hope you gets lots and lots done today. Enjoy the game!

We are in the throes of cheerleading season. Practice. Practice. Practice. Our first game is Saturday. We have cheer-related stuff four days next week and six days the week after. I'm getting cheered out, lol.

I'll be picking up my neighbor's daughter to take her to the closing day of the park. There's fun programming today. Then I'll be getting ready for a Wizards of Waverly Place Original Movie party for Duckie and 5 of her friends. It starts in 11 hours and 22 minutes (not that we're counting down or anything. :winks: ). Two of her friends will sleep over, and we leave for the football game at 9:15 tomorrow morning.

I need more coffee, lol! :coffee2:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, go get some exercise and blow away those back to work cobwebs.

Fran, I'm glad difficult child is now doing so much better. it's a positive feedback loop that snowballs, when they begin to do well. When oter people enjoy their company more, it makes out kids feel more confident and this makes their behaviour continue to improve. And so on.

maril, enjoy the game. Fresh air is good for you.

Andy, those practice runs are a great idea. We organised one for difficult child 3 when it looked like he would have to attend the local high school. The school needed the practice run as much as difficult child 3 did! But when it was obvious the school wouldn't cope, we were able to get difficult child 3 enrolled in correspondence instead (a very good thing for everybody!)

TM, Australia is only just getting into cheerleading, it's definitely not a mainstream thing here. Some of our major league football teams have professional cheerleaders who are mainly dancers, but in general we don't do that sort of thing. We do have mascots though. On the news yesterday they talked about a Sydney football team, the Eagles, whose mascot got loose. Yes, a REAL eagle! She flew off and didn't come back when she was supposed to. But they did get her back (much to the relief of owners of small dogs and cats in nearby suburbs). A flamin' big Wedge-Tailed Eagle! Apparently every football game the team has in their home stadium, their mascot does a free flight over the crowd for the length of the stadium.

I've been slaving over a hot computer all day and it will be taking me another week or so to finish this job.

It's a re-do of a job I did about 6 years ago which got taken from me by an over-zealous self-aggrandizing 'publisher' who put me through purgatory over his pernicketty insistence I do things HIS way first. I was trying to protect my client and to no avail - I discover she got ripped off. And now she's asking me to help her re-set her book. It's the third time for me, so I know it well by now!
And I'm finding things this previous idiot of a shonk did badly. I'm using the published book for comparison, against my reproduction of my old files. And as I'm working, I'm remembering all the headaches, all the problems he had reading my PDF files and his extreme rudeness over it all, and the constant tears of the client over the whole mess.

The old publisher is now out of business. The client has asked me to be her publisher. I probably will only get paid a pittance, plus she has a lot more referrals for me (who also probably can't afford to pay me what I should get).

But I'm getting A LOT of practice!

OK, that's my whinge for the day.

difficult child 3 has worked well this week and after lessons today we went to the local tennis courts for another lesson. He's doing really well now. I get my twice-weekly exercise by hanging around on the courts and kicking all the tennis balls back to the teacher. And I am so SORE!

I have a writers meeting tomorrow. I'm taking my laptop with the book file on it so I can keep working on the layout while the meeting is on. I love multitasking! After that I have a friend's party (the family is invited) and she has also asked me to be ready to perform (I do poetry, mainly). Then on Sunday I meet with the client I just mentioned, who is also putting on a dramatic version of "The Little Prince" and wants me in it.

I'm going, because we're meeting in a seaside bistro down south and we should enjoy the company and the chance to relax and discover how much (or how little) French we can recall. I strongly suspect I'll be useless for the project, but it was nice of her to ask me. But sometime before Sunday, I do need to read the book...

I'll be able to give the client good news though - already I've discovered that I can publish the almost exact same book for her, two thirds thinner which will mean a cheaper production, for the same look and quality. Maybe at last she can earn some money from her writing! I'm feeling very smug!

Again tonight difficult child 3's tennis teacher told me I should be putting pen to paper to publish my experiences raising 'Cain'... I feel guilty, because although I have started it and add something now and then, I am a long way from finishing. But then, difficult child 3 is a long way from being a finished product himself...

Marg