TGIF-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

TGIF!! Yeah it's Friday! Down to two more weeks of school after today. Looks like it is going to be another hot one-of course-for the weekend when I could take difficult child swimming it is supposed to cool way down. Not much going on after work today except for hopefully a workout!

Enjoy your Friday-I hope you find some fun in your day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon - you're not excited, are you? :smile:

School here doesn't end until June 12th. kt will be off 10 days or so & then back to extended school year.

No appointments today - laundry & possibly a round of golf if the weather allows. Of course, the typical stuff in between.

husband started his new job this past Tuesday - he's now working from home until mid June when he reports back in to the office. Hey, it helps with the cost of gas.

Enjoy your day ladies. Keep it calm.

Good morning my two Midwestern friends, and anyone else who may have snuck in:

First time I've felt up to checking in, in a few days. Yay, steroids. We have just one week of school here after today, which includes a trip to the zoo and a picnic. School is basically over. Pixie is excited to be able to say that she is a first grader.

I am taking it real easy, not going outside unless I have to. Still not back to 100% but getting better. The stairs kill me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend. Find something beautiful to look at!

:flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :smile:
Sharon- We're down to three weeks here. Duckie has a real bad case of summer fever, lol! Stay cool.
Linda- My husband loves working from home. Just make sure he has a designated work area or you won't like him being there, lol.
BBK- Sorry you aren't 100% yet. Duckie is also excited about being an almost first grader, too.
I'm doing better this morning since I got some sleep last night. But I have to buy a new washer (repairs are *almost* the price of a new one) & our power went out in the middle of the night, so I woke up overheated @ 5:30am. Yuck. It just came back on so I'm off to the shower.
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :smile:

Good Morning :coffee:,

Sharon, Hope you manage to stay cool today despite the HOT weather and get to the health club later :smile:.

Linda, I hope you're able to get in some golf today.

BigBadKitty, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I'm glad you're taking it easy!!!

TM, I'm sorry your washing machine dropped dead. I think it's smart to buy a new one since the cost of the repairs are so high. I'm glad you got your power back!!! I can't sleep when it's really hot either.

It's been awhile since I've been here. I've been busy with end of the year school stuff, etc... Today I've got lots of errands to run and a few phone calls I need to make - The calls have been on my to do list for awhile but haven't had the time to get to them.

Tonight difficult child 1 has a psychiatrist appointment. He has been really difficult lately and doesn't know about the appointment yet. Sometimes, it's better to keep certain things a total surprise until the last minute. Other than that, I don't have anything else planned for this evening. I'm looking forward to a quiet night (hopefully) once I get difficult child 1 home.

This weekend husband and I will probably finalize our summer vacation plans. We're headed back to the place we went to in April. It's beautiful there!!! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Hi to anyone who snuck in... I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today :smile:...

I hope everyone has a great weekend :smile: :bath: :flower: with some "ME" time somewhere in it... WFEN :flower:

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Sharon, it sounds like you're really enjoying summer. I envy you, but I know I DID rub it in when it was our summer. I love summer, the beach, relaxing, tropical fruit, light flowing clothes and ocean breezes. Right now my feet are icy and I want to crawl into bed early tonight.

Linda, I hope you get your round of golf in. You need some 'me' time. Any chance of teaching kt to play golf?

BBK, I hope you continue to feel better each day. Steroids always knocked me around too, but generally by the time i was ill enough to need them I was a basket case anyway. Consider the stairs your own personal, free Stairmaster. yeah, I hate those things too. I met a stair case you would like - it's in Greece, on Crete - the ancient palace of Knossos. Those stairs are made of alabaster, with deep tread and shallow riser. I'm not good on stairs but these were a dram to walk up and down. There are some wonderful images online of this place, look it up and whenever you're walking up and down your stairs, mentally picture the staircase down to the throne-room at Knossos. You're a beautiful priestess, a voluptuous snake-priestess with cinched waist, long black curls and bare bosom, walking tall and lovely up those stairs.

TM, I hope you can get a good washing machine. When we bought our last one we switched from a top loader to a front loader. I put on a load of washing and when I went in later to check up on it, both my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) boys were sitting watching it, totally engrossed. GFG1q said, "I don't know why, but this is strangely compelling."

WFEN, good to see you back here. I hope things work out for difficult child's appointment. Enjoy your holiday planning session. I do think it's so much fun We've been having a ball!

We had a busy day - difficult child 3 didn't get much work done - not surprised. He's promised to finish his last German worksheet before Monday. husband got a phone call about a valuable delivery - something's broken, we'll have to sort it out Monday on the mobile phone while waiting for out plane. We got mother in law's parking permit sorted, I saw the neurologist for another middle ear manipulation (and I've been feeling seasick ever since - it's probably why I'm so exhausted) and we got a lot of shopping done. Bought thermal underwear for me and difficult child 3 (we're likely to be in a fair bit of snow, where we're staying) and some large lumps of meat to roast when the hungry hordes arrive tomorrow night.

Tomorrow we pack. And Sunday. I also have to sort out a computer glitch with my last-minute freelance job. husband & I have to get our wills signed and witnessed (I think knowing we'll be flying in that tiny aircraft easy child accidentally booked for us reminded husband that it was time we brought things up to date).

I still have to type up a "to do" chore list for the kids. I don't want any plants to die, but I especially don't want any of the birds to die. Some of these chores, easy child 2/difficult child 2 has never done before. They all have a lot to learn - I hope they cope OK. mother in law is nearby in the event of a crisis.

I'm worrying. I'm fretting. I shouldn't. I shut up now, go bye byes.

G'night. Have a fun Friday.

Marg