TGIF-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

It's here-finally-I never thought we'd get here. IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: I'm so glad for difficult child especially that it is the end of the year. This has been his first year where he started not liking school, where he didn't love his teachers-it's been hard to watch. I'm also excited to be done. I had a great day yesterday though and my class had me in tears. Each student went around and told me why I had made the year special for them. My crying turned to laughter when the "unveiled" a class present to me. A Wisconsin (notice not Michigan-my class has such a sense of humor) shirt with all of their signatures on it. This morning we do 5th grade moving up ceremony and then the kids are done at 10:00.

I'm looking forward to some fun times at the pool with difficult child :beach:as well as getting in lots of fun reading :reading:

I hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I plan to. I hope it is a peaceful one. :flower:

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>TGIF Sharon. Yay about being out of school. :whew: I know you are relieved to have gotten through this school year. It's been tough for you on several fronts. Get your sun screen out and enjoy your summer.
I am going to get on the treadmill in a few minutes. I wanted to get my work out done so I can get on with my day. I'm taking middle sis and her b/f out to dinner tonight. It should be fun.
This weekend is going to be spent emptying out cupboards and closets for items that aren't used. It seem husband and I are moving to North Carolina. I'll stay here until easy child leaves for college but the house will go on the market in July. So just when you think life will quiet down, something else comes along. :surprise:

I'm also hoping for a little pool time this weekend. I have the fish belly white legs that aren't very appealing to me.

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the end of the school year and the start of summer :beach: before it gets too hot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif </span>

F

flutterbee

Good morning everyone!

Sharon - Yippee!!! :dance: That's the Last Day of School Dance. :wink: It's been a long time coming this year, it seems. Your class sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us your experience with your class. It made me smile.

Fran - Moving to NC?!! :surprise: I must have missed a post or two. Are you going to plant yourself close to the beach? :beach: I hope the housing market in your part of the country is holding it's own.

I have a quiet day here. Nothing exciting, just everyday life things. Doesn't that sound just wonderful?

difficult child has been doing quite well with school out. She is much more calm and relaxed. Sigh...I so love summer vacation. :bath: easy child's last day of school (he attends the online school for this year) was yesterday, however the entire class received an extension on biology which is good because he was really stressing trying to get it all done. Of course, it's his fault he got behind in the first place, but somehow I end up paying for it. Not sure how that works. Still working on figuring it out. :crazy:

I'm typing slow this morning. Hi if you snuck in. :salute:

P.S. I *love* the new emoticons.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TGIF Fran and Sharon :grin:

Sharon I don't doubt both you and difficult child are ready for a nice summer break. :beach: How sweet of your class to do that for you!!

Fran I hope you enjoy your time by the pool. Remember fishy white turns to angry red pretty quick if you're not careful. (I still can't get this thru husband's head)

I'm up for clinicals this morning. My first day shift. And lucky me caught a nasty upper respiratory virus from the baby. It's been kicking my fanny since wed. I sound like a TB ward all by myself. :ill: I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night since tues nite.

But I've decided to let the clincial staff send me home when I get there. I'm still hoping I'll start feeling a bit better as I down my coffee. I want to get clinicals done asap. I've discovered the stress is making me a tad manic. And if I can get used to it, that will pass.

So, good morning all. I hope everyone has a great day. :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, hooray! school's out! You survived; difficult child survived - it's onto summer. Enjoy those books & days at the pool.

Fran, NC, I hear is a very pretty state. How is difficult child going to handle this move?

Heather, enjoy the quiet day.

Lisa, fingers crossed that you're feeling better soon.

"hi" if you snuck in - I too am typing slowly this morning.

kt has been up & down all night with the sunburn/blisters that she has - I've been watching her closely. Not running a fever or anything. I have her drinking a ton of water - soaking those burnt areas with cloths of cool water combined with vinegar (kt loves that).

Respite tonight for kt; I head out to visit my family (dad) this weekend. My great aunt (87) will be in town to visit my 98 y/o grandpa - I love to keep in touch as much as possible with these dear old loved ones of the family.

Have a good day - keep it calm. I plan on it.

LittleDudesMom

:smile: Happy Friday :smile:

:smile: And Last Day of School :smile:

Sharon, what a great class you have this year. Hopefully the summer can help difficult child get some perspective and it will give you time to SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Fran, slather on that suncreen, grab a good book, and hit that lounge chair! Have fun with sis tonight.

Heather, glad difficult child is doing well with school being over. My difficult child is the same way. Much more relaxed.

Lisa, I hope you feel better. Good luck with clinicals.

easy child is officially a junior in high school as of yeserday at noon! She and her posse spent the day yesterday celebrating with a special lunch, shopping at the mall, and late night bowling!!

difficult child has his moving up ceremony today. He's actually getting excited. He told me it was a surprise and I couldn't know anything about "graduation". Then yesterday he said he would tell me one thing. He would be getting a plaque for being a member of the SCA. He wanted me to lay out his clothes last night while he was in the shower. He picked out his own outfit. New loafers, new belt, kakies, blue dress shirt, and blue and black tie. He's quite the fashion guy!!!!

Wishing everyone a great Friday - find some time to relax today.

Sharon

Good Morning :coffee:,

I'm in a BIG rush so I don't have time to address everyone individually. However, Lisa, I hope you feel better soon!!!

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

P.S. I LOVE THE NEW EMOTICONS!!! :beach: (My personal favorite!!!)

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- Congratulations for riding out a very difficult school year with difficult child. :warrior: I'm glad your class did something special for you. :bravo:
Fran- I could use a little help decluttering here when you are done there. Never a dull moment... :smile:
Heather- Let me know when you figure out how something done by difficult child is your fault. I've never understood that either. :hammer:
Lisa- I hope you feel better quickly, it sounds like you need some rest. :doctor:
Linda- Ouch! I hope kt's sunburn heals quickly! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif Have fun visiting your Dad, great aunt & grandpa.
LDM- I'm sure you are about to burst with pride this morning! Congratulations to both easy child & difficult child, tell them this cyber auntie is very proud of them. :flower:
WFEN- I hope you have a great day and have a chance to catch your breath. :beach:
husband and I head back to kindergarten today for a teddy bear picnic with Duckie's class and another class. Then we go inside for a class slide show & a few surprises from the kids. The kids will also surprise their teacher & full time aide with a group gift. :thumb:The teacher will receive the book the class made back at the end of April & the aide will receive a vase of flowers adorned with shoelaces tied in a bow (to signify all the shoes she tied this year :wink:). I think they'll be pleased. :thumb:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

pigless

Howdy, all! Last day of school here, too.

Sniff, sniff, Sharon. What a cool class you had.

Hmm. I can't seem to read what anyone else said.

Fran, when are you moving to NC? Tink and I are planning a trip down there in July. We'll be staying at a B&B near Charlotte. Remember my friend who had the baby at age 49? She owns it, and we're going down to visit her and the little boy, now 2. Her (insert favorite expletive here) husband walked out on her a couple of months ago, and she needs some serious cheering up.

Nice to "see" all of you. :kisses:

TerryJ2

Hi all,
wow Fran, I didn't realize you were moving, either.
So sorry about the blisters, Linda. Eouw.
Lisa, good luck with-the clnicals, especially with-a virus and hardly any sleep!
difficult child is staying overnight at the Great Wolf Lodge tonight with-friends. I hope he doesn't get overstimulated... I hope the other mom can stick to her guns and not allow them to play video games in the rooms. She's a saint to do this.
Have a great day everyone. And I love these new emoticons too!
:dance: