TGIF-Good Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Ladies,

It's an understatement to say I'm glad it's Friday. This has been a long, exhausting week. Of course, the weekend will be more of the same as we head out after work to Michigan. We didn't find a place for easy child to stay so we will all be making the trek. Tomorrow is the game so husband and I will have the day to ourselves and hopefully we will enjoy a victory!!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and has a great weekend! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon - I agree TGIF! I hope your trip this weekend proves to be better than last week's trip.

kt is up & ready for school; the bus should arrive in 10 minutes or so. She's sore from the stitches - shows no sign of infection. She's feeling a bit of pain; the ibuprofen should cover that.

I have physical therapy this morning (last one in home) & an in home nurse coming in to check me out.

Laundry & napping is on my list of things to accomplish. kt is off to respite at 3 this afternoon & she needs a few clean clothes to take along.

Have a pleasant Friday - hope something makes you smile today.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- Fingers are crossed that this weekend goes better than last. :warrior:
I am 99.9% done setting up the Sunday School at my church. I lucked out that we didn't start last week because of a large celebration, so it's a go for this week. Of course, I found out one of the teachers won't be available during our later class. :rolleyes: This leaves us in a bit of a bind as that's when Duckie's games are at. But I can't be in two places at once! :grrr:
Other than that, it's a catch up day. Lots & lots of calls to make. Ugh. :hammer:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Sharon, I hope the car trip goes smoothly this time!!! I hope you and husband enjoy some much deserved quality time together!!!

Linda, I'm so sorry to learn about kt's accident!!! I'm glad she is ok!!! Believe it or not, I had a similar experience when I was five years old. I ran through a glass storm door in our apartment. My parents had to take me to the hospital too. When it was time to be stiched up, my mother told me that I told the doctor not to bother and to save the money for lollipops instead!!! LOL... I hope you and husband enjoy the respite!!! You definitely need and deserve some quality time!!!

TM, Now, why can't you be two places at once:rofl:??? Anyway, I hope you find a teacher to fill the opening and your phone calls go quickly!!!

I got difficult child 2's IEP in the mail yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, I think I was too optimistic (sp?). I'm having husband fax a copy to our educational consultant (a wonderful person and the help is free!!!) this morning. I'll try to get in touch with her later after she has had a chance to read it.

I'm going to check on husband's aunt this morning and run errands. I'm also going to make an appointment at the health club :smile: I'm going to join. I really need it!!! My stress level seems to be over the top lately...

Anyway, hi to anyone I missed. I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today. :flower: WFEN :flower: :flower:

mum2JK&TH

Good morning ladies,

Sharon, enjoy the game and your alone time with husband
Linda, I hope kt's day works out and you get some quiet time
TM, I hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you today

TGIF! Packing up the pool today, hopefully and I will try and cut the grass. It's supposed to be beautiful this afternoon so maybe I will put the sprinkler on for the kids.

difficult child had a blast at the Sens game last night and was even on tv! easy child had her first cheerleading accident and was dropped from her extension. The other girls slowed her fall but she hurt her back and her wrist. Oh I remember those days...and those injuries!

Nothing, absolutely nothing to do this evening!!!! A first in a long time. I told husband we should rent a movie and pig out on junk food and just enjoy life.

Good morning to anyone who snuck in!

LittleDudesMom

:smile: TGIF is right!

I decided to forgo my usual early up and sleep in until time to get the kids up. Needles to say, I didn't have time for my puter/hmj/news hour. But, I needed the extra hour.

I've already been to the grocer and done 2 loads of laundry! Have a lot to do around the house today. The new a/c is scheduled for installation at 3 today - just in time for us to return to summer heat tomorrow /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif

easy child is doing great but difficult child had a few issues this week. He is taking a "teen living" class that calls for the kids to complete a "All About Me" book. He was working on it Tuesday and got stuck on some of the questions (some real introspective type of things). He was stuggling and his new 1:1 called him a "big baby". Wrong thing to say to a difficult child right?

He was able to maintain but came home complaing about her. Yesterday I got a call from the nurse in the afternoon to come and pick up difficult child becase he had a bad stomach ache. He had been there earlier and she let him rest a bit then sent him back to class. He returned an hour later.

As we were driving home, I told him he didn't look sick to me. He said that his 1:1 was bugging him and not helping him write in math. He was getting frustrated and angry. He said that he didn't want to get really mad in his new school so he went to the nurse (which was one of his "outs" at this old school to calm down). He wants to keep his 1:1 because he likes her, but was hurt by her words. I have a call in to the company she works for to set up a meeting so we can all be "on the same page" insofar as what her responsibilities are and some direction on how to help difficult child. She is a nice young woman who leaves difficult child and then goes to her second job as a crisis counselor at a small group home for teenage girls.

So, difficult child and will talk this weekend about the correct response when someone says something cutting or hurtful.

easy child's boyfriend's band is playing at a large club venue tomorrow night here in the city! This is their first really big gig. They have played churches, schools, community centers, and fairs and such in the past. She asked him to her homecoming last night and they will go shopping together so the he has a lime green tie to match her lime green pumps! Oh to be young again!!!!!!!

Wishing everyone a great Friday. It's Free Choice Friday - make a good one!

Sharon