TGIF Happy Black Friday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

I'm guessing lots of you are out shopping! Enjoy! I'm skipping the shopping as I don't love standing in line forever but some years I do brave it and go out.

I am finally going to the health club today! It has been a long 10 days of no exercising and nothing (knocking on wood) is going to keep me from going today!!!

Napping is also on the agenda. Unfortunately, so is more cleaning and husband has lots of laundry to do so we can get ready to leave for Michigan tomorrow.

Time to pull out my Christmas sweaters and who knows maybe I'll get the tree up today. We'll probably watch Christmas movies tonight. We started last night. Dad and his wife had never seen "Christmas Story"; they really enjoyed it.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day (or a fun day if you're shopping as I'm guessing it is anything but peaceful in those crowds;)):peaceful:

maril

WO: It sounds like you have a very busy day planned. I am wary of venturing out into the world of shoppers but probably will later today. I know the earlybirds are likely the most successful today but maybe I'll still see some savings.

We love A Christmas Story! We watch it every Christmas Eve as part of our tradition. Happy viewing!

I took care of some job related biz this morning and now can move on to sizing up my Christmas list. I will also tackle some jobs around the house today.

Happy boyfriend to all.

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/WO, good luck with the exercise. I know I ask this every year, but why "Black" Friday? In Australia, we tend to reserve adjectives such as "black" when applied to days, as referring to horrendously bad bushfires, usually associated with loss of life.

maril, congrats on being so organised with your Christmas list. You're doing better than me.

Today was hot, tomorrow will be hotter. Again I had a busier day than I intended. I dropped in on easy child 2/difficult child 2 and again found her paralysed by anxiety and indecision. So instead of heading home as I had intended, I stayed for a couple of hours and helped her over some hurdles. We've got some more phone calls to make for her on Monday and Tuesday but we got a lot done today. At the expense of me getting back home and getting my things done, but that's how it is...

I have a party to go to tomorrow, the first Christmas party of the season for me. That's when I start to panic about how fast the year has flown. I have a lot to do before tomorrow's party, and it begins at midday. Somewhere in there I HAVE to get to the beach! The hot weather won't last, it will cool off tomorrow afternoon. I also have a concert to book tickets for, on Sunday. Meanwhile - mother in law's phone is out of order (again - that's the third time in three days) and she's got medications she desperately needs which seem to be unavailable in the entire country. The drug company only had a message on their answering machine today so I have emailed the US company (counting on it being a working day today, maybe someone there can put on some steel-capped boots and so some kicking for me).

John Lennon was right - "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

SRL

M, it's called Black Friday because it takes to this weekend in the year for many retailers to be in the black.

No early bird shopping for me although I may go out after a few things later in the day. The items still on my list aren't usually doorbuster-type things so there's no need to fight the early crowd. We'd planned on going light on Christmas anyway but then my daughter has progressed so rapidly on flute since starting this fall she's ready for a step up model. I'd planned to wait until next year and wasn't even looking but an absolutely beautiful older model flute became available at a good price so we're going to dig in and make it happen for her. She's seriously good (as in progressed the first month what most players do in two years) and I'm really glad to do this for her but yikes, it's going to be very tight around here for awhile!

I'm with you, Wiped out. Napping, cleaning and laundry is on my agenda and in fact I've been at it for a few hours already. My hysterectomy is 2 1/2 weeks away and I feel like I've got the freezer meals under control but this house is a disaster!

I think I'll cook up a turkey breast today so we have some leftovers.

Have a happy and productive day, wiped out, Maril, Marg and those to follow.

I'll also wish you all a quieter day than me.

SRL, whose kids are home today along with a drum set, bass guitar, 2 electric guitars, bells, bongos, a baritone, and 2 flutes...:whiteflag:

TPaul

Idecor8
It had not always been called Black Friday in the states. I don't think until a couple of years ago, they started using that to descibe it. I too think a black so and so denotes a very bad event or time. Think someone needs to slap the news writers up side the head and get them to change that!!!!

Working a full day at the antiques shop, which means wife will be home with kids all day. God, I am so glad that my cell phone is broke and I will not have one with me today, LOL LOL!!!!!!

Have a safe and peacefully filled day
Tpaul

LittleDudesMom

Morning All!

easy child and I were out of the house this morning at 4:30, had everything we wanted to do done and were home by 7 - we've had our nap and now we are getting ready for my dinner party tomorrow night!

We are back out at noon as she has a hair appointment and we have to pick up some chicken that the butcher deboned for my dinner recipe tomorrow night. We may take another nap this afternoon!

Have a great day everyone!

KTMom91

Just got back from Target! Miss KT and I went to the mall, since this was the first year it opened at midnight. We got there around 2, and it was pretty much a dud. She got sleepy, so I took her home and went back out to Target. In addition to getting presents, I also got my grocery shopping done! Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep soon...I'm coming up on 24 hours.

DammitJanet

I was one quick black friday shopper! Walmart here is open 24 hours though it was closed on Thanksgiving so they re-opened the store at midnight Friday morning. The sales were "supposed" to start at 5 am but even in the little town I went to (even smaller than Lumberton...lol) there was a good sized crowd at 4 am! Probably close to 100 people already. I wasnt there for the huge draws like the TV's or the computers so I made it through fairly quickly. I did have to have two buggies though because the things I was getting were large..lol.

I got everything I wanted except for some jogging suits for the little girls. They were on sale for $3 a piece and went fast. I was done with all my shopping before 5 am. Somethings werent ringing up at the doorbuster prices until 5 but mine all did...probably cause nothing was electronics. I was home by 5:15...lol.

jal

I never shop on black Friday. Although I was coveting a new monitor last night. (We just got internet at home!). husband said not to buy. Normally, I do what I want, but hesitated. Then when he found out they were all gone on-line this am, he agreed I should have bought it. He had to go out for something and stopped at the store and they still had it. He bought it for me. Merry early xmas for us. Replaced an old crt with-a LCD flat screen from Dell. Lovin' it!

Told difficult child (he still believes in Santa - he's 7) internet and monitor are early gifts. Don't expect too much else. He acted unaffected by it, but got on after it was set up and loves it...