Thank God, he is in jail

A

AmericanGirl

He left and then returned drunk. The sober house woke him up at 6am and told him he had to leave. He ended up hitting one of the managers The police came.difficult child had left by then. They found him. He is being charged with public drunk, att to alude (sp?) and disorderly conduct. I have filled an unauthorized use of a vehicle. He stashed the car somewhere last night. Have police looking for it. Hopefully can go sign warrant for this today which might hold him in jail longer.

I doubt he can go back to sober house since having substance on site is the kiss of death. I'm thinking him staying a jail a while may be the best.

Going to work all day. Have a project due today and I have got a lot left. Probably a blessing.

Last edited:

Nancy

I'm sorry AG. At least you know he's safe. How awful that we are glad when they are arrested. Not many people would understand that.

(((((AG)))))

P

PatriotsGirl

I am so sorry AG...jail is probably the best place for a wake up call....

Calamity Jane

Good luck with work. I'm glad he was found before he had a chance to possibly come after you. That was quick. Always around the holidays, Know what I mean?? Ugh. Lots of hugs, AG.

A

AmericanGirl

Thank you all.

Followed his cell records. Found old difficult child's number. She knows where car is. Is going to go by there and get exact address. It's at a gas station. Will let them know I am coming for it. A friend will go with me there later today - it's 80 miles away. All his stuff is in it so we need to get it back before he bails out. Anything to make it harder on him.

Oh AG: I hope you can find some peace today. I say the Serenity Prayer over and over and it really calms me when I am upset. Jail will give your difficult child a chance to get sober and think rationally. My difficult child told me that going to jail probably saved his life, because that was the only way for him to stop using drugs.

Please take care of yourself today. We all care about you.

S

Signorina

Thinking of you. I admire your strength and I wish you peace in the days ahead

Nancy

When you get the car home make sure you disconnect the battery. Or better yet see if you can hide it somewhere. I hid difficult child's car(ours but she drove it) at my dads for over a year and she never knew.

pasajes4

I am relieved that you are out of danger. He will have a roof and three meals. I hope he is there long enough to get sober and ponder his choices.

lovemysons

AG,
Another here glad to know you are out of any danger and that difficult child is safe from further destruction. Hope he comes to his senses soon.

You sure are amazingly strong! Hang in there.
LMS

A

AmericanGirl

We got the car and brought it back. It is locked inside my garage and you cannot see inside.

He called as I was doing this. Acted like nothing was wrong. Then told me he was in jail. I said I loved him and I wanted him healthy and happy. He said he didn't deserve it. I disagreed and said he did and I would help him get there.

Then he asked me to bail him out. I said I couldn't do that. He started to get angry (I forget what he said.) I said I want you to know that I have your car. Then he said (and I am abbreviating here ) f u. I hung up.

I can go get warrant issued Monday morning for the unauthorized use of a car. That might keep him in jail longer. His bail is only $500. But...being 80-90 miles away with only friends in recovery will make it harder for him to get out. All his stuff is in the car too. However, I know he isn't thinking rationally and could care less about clothes, etc.

The only bad thing about getting a warrant is that they would bring him back here. But, jail is jail.

I really feel like if he gets out, he will only end up in more trouble. Just praying he survives but there isn't anything I can do about it.

Thank you all for your support and prayers!

Tiredof33

AG I left mine in jail and it such as peace of mind to know where he was at and away from drugs and alcohol for a while. I agree only we could understand that way of thinking.
(((huggs)))

A

AmericanGirl

Tired, No kidding. When I got home I called to see if he was still there. Told the jailer I was going to call again before I went to sleep because I needed to know he was there so I could sleep.

DDD

Geez. just want you to know I am sorry that it goes on...and on...and on. I know it is hard to figure out the next best move. It's like a distorted chess game. Hugs DDD

Calamity Jane

AG,
This has nothing to do with your difficult child, but I didn't want to hijack the other thread. You mentioned you lost 40 lbs! I am in awe. A while back you said you were going to go to a nutritionist, and I guess you've done that, and it's paid off. Just want to say that's amazing. You must look like a million bucks. I am very proud of you - that's no easy task! Sleep well.

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm so sorry, AG. I understand how work can be blessing at times. Do you think your difficult child is going to try to come back to your house after he gets out of jail?

~Kathy

A

AmericanGirl

I'm so sorry, AG. I understand how work can be blessing at times. Do you think your difficult child is going to try to come back to your house after he gets out of jail?

~Kathy

Kathy,

I'm 90 miles away from him. His playmates are here. I think he will try to get back here but not to see me. He will come to me when he gets desperate again. The fact he called to ask me for bail meant he had tried many other avenues and failed.

I have closed my drapes, turn my floodlights on, set the security system and alerted several neighbors. Trying not to be paranoid, but cautious. Know what I mean?? I do wish the police there would call me if he makes bail.

I may ask for a restraining order when I see the magistrate on Monday to get the warrant for unauthorized use of a vehicle. Going to think about that. Just want to reload so if he shows up.