Thank goodness it's back to school tomorrow

Wiped Out

Staff member
Well difficult child's two and a half days of suspension are over! :whew: We started early at 7:00 this morning so we were able to end early.

I'm exhausted! As I mentioned in another post I'm more tired from teaching him the past two days then if I had been teaching my class at school. It's because he truly requires one on one for everything. Also it is almost impossible for him to focus and I saw him trying. We did math, science, social studies, writing, and reading the past two days. In addition I had him help with some household chores. At one point today we both fell asleep for about 1/2 hour. I didn't make him make that time up as I figure he must have needed the sleep.

All of this makes me even more worried academically for him than I already was. He finishes his testing with the nuero psychologist on Monday and then two weeks later we meet to go over the results. Should be interesting.

Think I'll try to squeeze in another quick nap!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

A nap sounds good - very good. I'm glad that you'll have the neuropsychologist in hand soon. It may help you find additional help for difficult child in the school setting.

The tweedles neuropsychologist reports opened quite a few doors.

You survived!!!!! :smile: :warrior:

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

as rough as the last 2.5 days have been, it also sounds like an eye-opener. Sometimes it takes being their teacher to really understand their strengths and weaknesses. It was when I was thrust into the same role with difficult child, when he was on modified day, that I first realized he had some learning issues.

It's one thing to suspect while we help them with their homework, but actually seeing them struggle with their lessons is a real eye-opener.

I am, however, happy for you that your suspension is over as well :surprise:

Enjoy the nap.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Glad you are done with suspension. I'm sure you are exhausted. Hopefully the neuropsychologist evaluation will tell you more.</span>

kris

<span style="color: #993399"> :smile: here's to some quiet time for you both.

hope the neuropsychologist gives you some answers & direction.

kris
</span>