thank you dj!

klmno

We are here waiting for police to ome to take a report- apparently there are 2 outstanding warrants on the other boy here in this state and the police from that jurisdiction strongly urged us to file a report here (in our jurisdiction) so possibly cops can be here tomorrow and will be smart enough to stay hidden so as not get noticed prior to an arrest. Then, we have to worry about E's safety.

DammitJanet

Well I dont think I did much but I was willing to be the go between if needed. Tell E Im proud of him for doing the right thing. I know the dispatcher thought I was nuts...lol. "I have a friend in another state who has a kid and blah blah blah....lol!"

klmno

And I thought the story was long when I told it!
:rofl:
E told me you told him you'd kick his butt otherwise and I told him about your son in an area where I might be getting a job! You did a lot- you were there! thank you so much!

T

TeDo

Ok, I'm missing something here. Point me to the thread that explains what this is all about. Pleeeaaaaasssseeeee.

DammitJanet

There is no thread. K called me on the phone for some help. I assume once the issue is resolved she will let everyone know what happened. I dont want to spill the beans before because it is a bit sticky. Just suffice it to say E made a really good decision to stay out of trouble but could have put himself into a bit of a sticky situation because of that and it crossed state lines.

Star*

call 911........call 911
PROUD OF YOU ALL - (UM.....I think) lol - AND ESPECIALLY MY NEPHEW (UM...I THINK) lol......

klmno

Well, he tangled himself in a web in Department of Juvenile Justice by riding the fence trying to get along with everyone- including a gang member. Now the gang member (who was also recently released but went on the run) is expecting him to join the gang, steal from me, and go on the run with him. E was trying to keep riding the fence without doing anything but he finally told me he was in a mess and didn't know how to get out of it- that boy was supposed to be here tomorrow (that was yesterday so he meant today) to pick E up- and this was after spending a week trying to get E to steal my car during the night and drive it 30 miles. Mind you, E is on house arrest with a monitor and on parole and never driven a car in his life. The other boy's family had moved out of state while he was in Department of Juvenile Justice so he's on the run from an out-of-state juvenile parole. E said he'd rather call the police on the kid than face all this today and I seconded that so when i first called, I called the jurissdiction the boy is hiding in and they confirmed they had 2 current warrants on him, and that's on top of being on the run from another state's juvenile parole. They told me since I didn't have an address where they could pick him up, call the police in our jurisdiction so they can be watching for him to come today and arrest him then for those warrants, then when they take him in and run more checks they'll find the parole thing too. Fine. So we wait 1 1/2 hr for our cops to show up and they said if they filed an official report, E would have to testify in court and then E was scared for his safety due to the gang. So the cop said he's turn it into the gang unit and they should be able to have someone come over. I asked him to have them contact me by phone this morning before all this transpired. I didn't hear anything else from them. I picked E up from school because the boy was supposed to come between that time and me getting off work. He's already tried to call but hung up when I answered. So now he won't come but that also means he won't get arrested and this stupid saga will continue. E gets too wishy-washy and won't stay committed to staying away from someone- ever. I just keep telling him- one day at a time. I do believe he really does want to make it this time.

DDD

How is the runner contacting E? Via telephone? If so, does it show the number that is calling your home and can you both just not answer?

I'm sorry that complications are appearing so soon after your initial adjustment but I really send my most supportive and caring support to you both. DDD

klmno

Telephone- and yes we can but getting E to stay consistent with that thru bad days, lonely times, etc, is difficult...at least until he gets stronger relationships with new friends. This isn't as bad as many problems I've dealt with in the past though- E hasn't done anything criminal this time...this was more of a typical transition struggle and issue resulting from that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
SO E can't tell the gang guy - that because he's been in SO much trouble in the past that YOU (his MOM) has had a telephone recorder installed on the phone and ALL the phone calls get recorded to a CD for HER protection? I saw this on one of those Crime shows - and they do have telephones like this that record to a CD - (Actually a lady sued a credit collection agency because she was harrassed and won over a million dollars) because she had it on recording and the telephone has a CD in the bottom of the phone.

Gang members aren't going to come around or call him - if he knows he's being recorded. And if difficult child doesn't have a cell phone? OR IF he has one that YOU are paying for - (another excuse for E) and you can trace the numbers and have access to ALL his texts? This guy will think E's not up and up and drop him anyway. Unless E isnt' being straight with you and has already pledged in. Tell him to be straight up with you about the initiation. SOunds like he's not in to me - but stealing a car is some of the gangs initiation.

I"m very proud of you man - You keep your eyes straight and your mind focused on what you need to do FOR YOU _ not for someone else. THIS TIME? This go round? It's ABOUT YOU! - and your MOms. YOu take care of you!